Chapter 18

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who called (people) to error, he shall have to carry (the burden) of its sin, like those who committed it, without their sins being diminished in any respect.

Sahih Muslim, 2674
In-Book Reference: Book 47, Hadith 30

*****

On a Sunday, marking the end of the weekend, Hanan was seated on the sofa in her room. Suddenly, her stomach rumbled, fixating her mind on the thought of a decadent chocolate cake. The craving overwhelmed her, prompting her to rise with determination and head straight to her kitchen.

"Excuse me, ma'am. How can I assist you?" The two chefs inquired simultaneously as soon as they spotted Hanan.

"Thank you, but I'll handle it. You can leave the kitchen. I'm going to bake a cake," Hanan asserted as she stepped further into the kitchen.

"But Sir instructed us not to let you cook," One of the chefs stated, her voice tinged with apprehension.

"Don't worry, he won't take any action against you. I'm the one that said I'll cook," Hanan reassured, offering a slight smile to the chef.

"Alright, ma'am," The chefs hesitantly agreed and left the kitchen as Hanan requested.

Hanan meticulously scoured her pantry and refrigerator, collecting the necessary ingredients for her chocolate cake: all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, butter, baking powder, milk, and a pinch of salt. With the ingredients assembled, she began crafting her cake.

Setting up a mixing bowl on the counter, Hanan combined the softened butter and sugar. Using a hand mixer, she blended them until the mixture turned creamy and pale. One by one, she added the eggs, beating well after each addition. The air was filled with an aroma of anticipation.

In another bowl, Hanan combined the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. She whisked the dry ingredients together to ensure even distribution. Gradually, she incorporated this mixture into the wet ingredients, alternating with small amounts of milk, and continued to blend until a smooth batter formed.

Meanwhile, she preheated the oven to the recommended temperature while also greasing and flouring her round cake pan.

Hanan was pouring the luscious chocolate batter into the cake pan when Ammar's voice interrupted her.

"Hanan, what are you doing?" Ammar inquired, his expression accusatory, as though she had committed a grave offense.

"I'm baking a cake," Hanan responded, placing the bowl aside after finishing pouring the chocolate batter into the pan.

"Why bother doing that? You can simply ask one of the chefs to take care of it for you. After all, that's their purpose here," Ammar suggested, his tone implying exasperation.

"Where are the chefs?" Ammar's voice reverberated through the mansion.

"We're here, Sir," the chefs quickly entered the kitchen, a hint of fear in their eyes.

"Why is MY WIFE resorting to baking a cake on her own when I hired you to handle that so she wouldn't have to go through this?" Ammar's tone was icy, causing a cold sweat to bead on the chefs' foreheads.

"Ammar, let's not blow this out of proportion," Hanan interjected, but Ammar raised his hand, silencing her.

"Give me an explanation," Ammar turned his gaze towards the chefs, his expression unwavering.