Chapter 16

Jundub b. 'Abdullah al-Bajali reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
Recite the Qur'an as long as your hearts agree to do so, and when you feel variance between them (between your hearts and tongues), then get up (and leave its recital for the time being).

Sahih Muslim, 2667 a
In-Book Reference: Book 47, Hadith 3

*****

Immediately upon stepping outside, they spotted Tareeq leaning against the car, patiently waiting for them.

"Tareeq!" Hanan called out, quickening her pace.

"How have you been, Hanan?" Tareeq greeted her warmly, a smile on his face.

"I'm doing fine," Hanan replied, studying him closely and noticing that he appeared sickly, with a pale complexion. She even thought he had lost some weight.

"How's your health? Are you feeling better now?" Hanan asked, genuinely concerned.

"Don't worry, I'm fine now," Tareeq assured her, his smile unwavering.

"But you don't look fine at all. You seem ill, and your face is pale. Why did you even come out? Did Ammar force you to work?" Hanan said, shooting a disapproving glance at Ammar as she made her last statement.

"I didn't force him," Ammar defended himself.

"He didn't force me, but I had to come back to work because Ammar can't handle anything without me," Tareeq said, causing Hanan to laugh.

Ammar sent a murderous glare in Tareeq's direction.

"Looks like he's completely reliant on you," Hanan remarked, still laughing.

"Yeah, I think so," Tareeq smiled.

"If you're finished with your chitchat, we can get into the car and leave," Ammar said in a cold tone, as he entered the back seat of the car that was already open for them.

"Let's go inside before he gets angrier. He's already acting cold towards us just because I spoke the truth," Tareeq said, and Hanan nodded, smiling.

Hanan also climbed into the backseat, while Tareeq settled into the front seat of the car.

The car ride was silent, with Ammar not uttering a single word to Hanan since she had entered. It was a stark contrast to their usual conversations. Hanan glanced at him and noticed his cold expression, as he told her that's his usual expression. She recalled seeing him on TV, always maintaining that chilly demeanor without revealing any emotions. However, she didn't like this distant version of Ammar, she preferred the warm and affectionate one.

After a few minutes of driving, they reached Ammar's parents' house, which was also located in Asokoro, just like their own home.

They pulled into the mansion and parked the cars in the designated area.

A bodyguard swiftly opened the car door as they stepped out.

"Sweetheart, let's go inside," Ammar said, a smile gracing his face. Hanan's smile mirrored his, relieved that Ammar had returned to his familiar self.

They began walking towards the entrance when Ammar turned around and noticed Tareeq lingering by the car.

"Tareeq, aren't you coming in?" Ammar asked, a smirk forming on his lips.

"Nope," Tareeq quickly shook his head.

"I must inform Baba and Ummi that we came together. Last time, when we came with Hanan, I kept quiet. But this time, I won't stay silent," Ammar said, his smirk taking on a mischievous edge.