Chapter 10

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Messenger becomes dearer than anything else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 16
In-Book Reference: Book 2, Hadith 9

*****

"Good morning, Sweetheart," Hanan heard Ammar's voice as soon as she emerged from her room.

Hanan rolled her eyes in response.

"Do you have nothing better to do than wait outside my room every morning just to say good morning?" Hanan asked, annoyed by Ammar's daily ritual of being the first person she sees when she wakes up.

"Sweetheart, this is part of my routine," Ammar replied with a sweet smile.

Hanan shook her head. Ammar was truly hopeless!

Leading the way to the dining room, Hanan walked ahead with Ammar trailing behind, as usual. It had been a week since they got married, yet nothing had changed between them. Hanan remained her usual self, while Ammar did everything in his power to get her to engage with him.

Tareeq had successfully accomplished the task Ammar had assigned him, effectively ruining the man they had targeted. While Ammar considered the punishment to be relatively lenient given the man's actions, he couldn't contain his satisfaction now that the job was done.

***

"Hanan, we're going on our honeymoon in two days," Ammar informed her, causing her to stare at him as if he had grown two heads.

"You and who?" Hanan glared at him.

"Us, of course," Ammar smiled.

"If this is a joke, then stop it. There's no way I'm going on a honeymoon with you," Hanan stated firmly.

"I'm serious, Hanan. We're going on a honeymoon," Ammar insisted.

"Then count me out!" Hanan declared.

"You have to go, sweetheart," Ammar asserted.

"Why don't you understand, Ammar? You're only my husband in name! Don't assume that I'll do whatever you tell me to do," Hanan snapped back.

"This time, Hanan, you will obey me. We have to go on a honeymoon and spend some quality time together," Ammar said with a smirk on his face.

"Ammar," Hanan warned.

"My name has never sounded so sweet until now. Keep calling me that," Ammar smirked, leaning back in his chair.

Hanan shot him a murderous glare.

"I won't go on a honeymoon with you unless you plan to drug me and take me there unconscious," Hanan muttered.

Ammar sat up straight, intrigued by Hanan's remark.

Drugging her? The idea had never crossed his mind before.

But now, he found himself considering it to fulfill Hanan's wish, to his own surprise.

"That sounds interesting," Ammar smirked as various ideas of how to drug her flooded his mind.

"You wouldn't actually do that, would you?" Hanan's eyes widened.