🍃87 - We Meet Again? (6)

Watching that despair would be Raon’s joy.

“Looks fancy.”

Cale said that as he gave Choi Han a command.

“Sit him on that chair over there.”
“Got it.”

Choi Han threw the unconscious Venion onto the luxurious leather seat. Cale was looking toward Choi Han, who was avoiding his gaze.

“…I’m sorry. I got even angrier after looking around this base.”

Base. Cale’s group was currently in Venion’s secret base in the back alley. It was full of luxurious and fancy items.

The crazy priestess Cage had told him about this location two days ago. Cage, who served the God of Death, was still a priestess even though she was excommunicated. She specialized in curses and mental torture. It was easy for her to get the information from Venion’s lackeys.

Of course, since her abilities were used under the name of a god, she could only use her curses in situations where she believed she was just. But she should have had enough reasons for, ‘justice,’ to use her curses this time.

‘Still, she’s amazing too.’

There was nobody else serving the God of Death who was better than her at using curses. It made sense why people called her the spawn of a necromancer and that she was not fit to be a priestess.

‘Well, I know there is a separate necromancer.’

As was the case with many fantasy worlds, you were bound to find those professions that were said to have become lost in the past if you looked hard enough. Something like finding out that the main character’s neighboring old man was a sword master in the past was not uncommon in fantasy worlds.
It was all just part of making a story interesting to the readers.

‘This world is the same.’

‘The Birth of a Hero,’ was known for having many of those types of developments.

Cale quietly observed the unconscious Venion who was hunched over on the chair.

“I understand why you would want to throw him like that, but this position is not what we need. Beacrox.”
“Sigh, yes sir.”

Beacrox let out a deep sigh before approaching Venion. He then sat Venion down properly and made sure Venion looked tidy, fixing his outfit, hair, etc.

Anybody who saw Venion now would think that he was a fancy noble who has had no problems or injuries for the last few days.

Venion’s back still had a few small scars that could not be healed with the potion, but the majority of the injuries throughout his body were healed. In fact, his face, hands, and visible areas showed no signs of injuries at all.

“Then we will be on our way now.”
“Sure.”

Beacrox took Choi Han with him as they stealthily left through the base’s back door. Cale approached Raon, who had been quietly curled up in a corner since earlier.

“Shall we start?”
“Sure, human.”

“You guys come here as well.”

Meeeow!

On and Hong jumped up and sat down next to Raon and Cale. Cale made sure they were all against the corner and looked toward Raon. Black mana started to appear from Raon’s paw.

It was now time to watch.

Paaat!

With a quiet noise, Cale’s body started to turn invisible. They were no longer visible inside the base.