🪶78 - A Good Person (4)

Silence filled the cave once again. Litana turned away from Cale in order to look toward her subordinates.
She was trying to see if she had heard correctly.
Her subordinates had the same expression that she had.

"Mr. Cale, may I ask you to explain?"

Litana, who had been leaning on the cave wall, sat up straight. The leather armor had dried with the fire, showing off her toned warrior body.

"I am a citizen of the Roan Kingdom."
"You are from the Northeast. We are people who work in the jungle as warriors."
"I see. I am from a small territory in the corner of the Roan Kingdom. Mm."

Cale scratched his cheek as if he felt awkward listening to Litana call herself just a, 'warrior,' and cautiously continued.

"I am from a small noble family. Thanks to that, I do not lack the funds to travel. I also have a crew that travels with me."
"A crew?"
"Yes. I came into the forest alone with On, but there are people who trust and follow me."

Litana and her subordinates who valued the, 'leader and followers,' philosophy looked toward Cale a bit gentler now.

"Anyways, as I traveled around, I was able to come across a fateful encounter."
"A fateful encounter?"

Cale had a bitter smile on his face and started to scrunch his eyes like he was recalling a difficult memory.

"Yes. I was caught up in an ocean whirlpool and barely managed to get out. Once I got out, I found this fateful encounter inside a cave. At that moment, I was able to find an injured person and save them. I was relieved to know maybe that was the reason I ended up getting caught up in the whirlpool, ah."

He suddenly put on an embarrassed smile.

"I'm sorry. That wasn't the story I was trying to say."
"It looks like Mr. Cale has saved a lot of people."

Litana looked toward the calm Cat tribe child On before looking back at Cale. This respectful and courteous noble did not even act arrogant because he was a noble.

"No, I just couldn't walk by without doing anything."

He seemed very modest and good.

"Anyways, there was a power I managed to gain at that time."
"What power?"

Litana realized Cale had gotten to the point and asked.

"Fire Suppressing Water. It is able to suppress any and all fires."

Litana and her subordinates' eyes all became cloudy. It definitely sounded different than your average water.

And that would be accurate. This water was different than your regular water.
No matter what kind of fire it was, if it had the word, 'fire,' in it, it could suppress it.
Originally, Toonka would have found this fateful encounter and used it as a base to develop a body that cannot be burnt. However, Cale was not afraid of getting burnt because of his, 'Vitality of the Heart.' It would hurt a bit, but the Vitality of the Heart would let him recover right away. Why would he use something like this in addition to that?

Instead, Cale had put that water into the, 'Absorbing Necklace,' that Lock had brought back.

Cale cautiously added on.

"However, there is a limit to how much I can use, so I am not sure if it will be enough."
"Ah."

Litana let out a gasp. She opened and closed her mouth a couple times before finally asking.

"It sounds like a precious power. Is it okay to use it for us?"

Cale worked hard to prevent the corners of his lips from moving upward.