🪶82 - We Meet Again? (1)

“Give what a try?”

Deruth asked, even though he already knew the answer. Cale was naturally aware of this.

“Father, what are you afraid of?”

Deruth could not answer the sudden question. However, his son responded after a moment.

“I am afraid that we will get hurt.”

Deruth’s eyes became cloudy. It was the same. The thing he feared was the same as his son. No matter how selfish it may be, Deruth was scared that his territory and his family would get hurt.

“I’m sure that you are aware of how the Western Continent’s state of affairs is ready to blow up.”

There was no way that the noble who suddenly started to reinforce the castle walls and invested in a naval base would not know.

The Henituse territory did not get involved in any wars until the end of volume 5. However, there was no guarantee that it would remain that way.

“I will only tell you this. The reason that the crown prince sent me to the Whipper Kingdom is related to something.”

Cale deliberately said it this way because doing so would prevent Deruth from asking Cale more about it. He would not question something from the crown prince.

Cale thought to himself that the crown prince's name comes hady in many ways.

Cale said one word to Deruth.

“Northerners.”

Deruth and Mueller both flinched and looked toward Cale.

“The Northerners have created an alliance.”

“What?!”

Count Deruth started to frown.

Cale understood Deruth’s reaction. This was important to the Western Continent’s state of affairs.

There were three kingdoms in the North.

The Paerun Kingdom was located farthest North. The Guardian Knight of the Paerun Kingdom wanted to lead his Knights brigade to the fertile lands of the South.

Deruth rubbed his face and sighed as he started to mumble.

“…It is not the Whipper Kingdom or the Mogoru Empire?”

Cale was internally full of admiration. Although their territory was located in the corner, Deruth was aware of the Whipper Kingdom, as well as the Mogoru Empire’s desire to become the control tower.

Why would the Empire want to be the control tower? That was because the East and the North were changing.

“Cale, how are the Northerners going to cross the gorge? There is also the Forest of Darkness.”

Of the 5 Forbidden Regions, there was just one that was not a complete mystery. However, the shape of that area made moving large numbers of people, ‘almost impossible,’ making people add it to the list of Forbidden Regions.

The Gorge of Death.

As the name indicates, this gorge, that was the most dangerous in the continent, became the dividing line between the North and the Central regions of the continent. At the end of that line was the Forest of Darkness. That was why it was difficult for the North to come down to the Central region.

However, Cale, the Empire, and even crown prince Alberu knew about a different method.

“Father, there are more ways than just the ground.”