🍃49 - Somehow (7)

Originally, Cale did not plan to destroy the whirlpool. He was planning on taking care of it using the Indestructible Shield and the Vitality of the Heart.

'But that was when I didn't have the Black Dragon.'

There was no reason for him to work hard when he had the Black Dragon.

Cale stuffed the Black Dragon, On, and Hong with a ton of food before sending out these Beasts that averaged 7 years of age and greeting his first guest.

"I do not know what you stole, but you did something big."

It was Billos.

"I guess I am a bit famous these days."

Billos shook his head at Cale, who did not seem to be injured at all. He could see Cale starting to drink while claiming to still be injured.

"You indeed are famous, young master Cale. But is it okay for you to drink?"

"There's no reason for me to lie in front of you."

Billos smiled as he filled Cale's empty cup. He then handed a magic box over to Cale.

"Here are your requested items. Thank you for returning the items from last time."

Cale had returned the other items to Billos through Choi Han. Cale caressed this new box of items as he looked toward Billos.

Cale had already decided how to use the first of the two opportunities to use the golden plaque.

He decided to buy some time.

Cale decided to buy some time for the moment when the Northern Knights, a dangerous existence for not just Roan Kingdom but also the Breck Kingdom and the other mid-northern kingdoms, started to head south.

To be more specific, other than the Northern Knights, there were also the Empire at the center of the Western Continent, the mage slayer, and the Queen of the Southern Jungle. Cale decided to buy some time to get away from all of them. It would be one thing if he was on his own, but now there were others he needed to care for.

"Billos."

"Yes, sir?"

"Do you deal properties too?"

"I don't, but I do know about what is going on lately."

Billos really was a merchant. He received information very quickly.

"The Western continent is on the verge of blowing up, and that is a great time for merchants like myself to make money."

"Merchants will run toward anything that will give them a profit."

Billos liked Cale, who understood merchants a lot. He also liked that Cale didn't beat around the bush and got right to the point.

"The Whipper Kingdom will become a mess soon. I'm sure you are already expecting it?"

Billos nodded his head. The non-mages and mages could no longer coexist in the Whipper Kingdom.

"That is why I am trying to figure out what I can use to make money in that chaos. Young master Cale, what do you think will be the most profitable investment there?"

Cale easily answered Billos's question.

"People."

The mages will lose the civil war and the Magic Tower will be destroyed. Then what would happen to the remaining mages? All of the mages were not going to die at the end of the civil war.

The Whipper Kingdom was the Western continent's greatest supply of magic devices. There were many mages who stayed far away from power and politics, but there will be nowhere for those types of mages in the Whipper Kingdom after the civil war.