🍃21 - Returning the Favor (1)️

Cale just casually nodded toward Choi Han on this early morning and picked up the glass of cold water that Ron had prepared for him. Cale recalled what Ron had said earlier, as he felt the cold water flow through his body.

'Young master, it is not good to take such a long night walk. This Ron was very worried about you.'

It made his mind clear up, even without the cold water for some reason. Cale carefully put the water back down and started to speak to Choi Han.

"You took care of everything properly?"

"Yes, Cale-nim."

After Choi Han had brought Cale back to the inn, he immediately went back to erase their tracks and create a new set of fake tracks heading toward the west.

Meeeeeow. Cale looked toward the kittens that were eating jerky and yawning, and started to explain to Choi Han about the city that they would soon reach.

"The name of the next city is Puzzle City. That is the middle point in our journey."

Once you get out of the Henituse territory that is surrounded by mountains, all the roads are well-paved from this small city in the Viscount's territory to the capital.

'That's the reason that the Henituse territory has been safe until now, even if it is a bit annoying for the merchants.'

Even if you have a lot of goods to sell, it would be difficult for merchants to travel to buy those goods if the roads were rough. However, the merchants pushed through this inconvenience because the roads were paved as soon as they left the Henituse territory.

Furthermore, these paved roads allowed for the influential powers in the eastern half of the Roan Kingdom to gather frequently. That was why people in the capital were able to discuss many of the issues in the east, even though there were no nobles with a higher nobility than the rank of Marquis in the east.

"It took a while to get this far because our territory has a lot of mountains, but it will not take very long from here."

Puzzle City was not the middle point in terms of distance, but in terms of time.

"But Cale-nim."

"What?"

"I went to check the Viscount's villa on my way back."

"And?"

Looking at Cale's stoic expression, Choi Han had a slightly bitter expression as he responded.

"They all seemed to be in a state of chaos. There were also soldiers and knights leaving the village."

"I'm sure they went to report."

After regaining their consciousness, they probably sent people to Venion and investigated the area around the cave. However, that did not seem to be the end of Choi Han's report.

"However."

"Just say it."

Cale started to frown, and bluntly retorted to Choi Han. Choi Han still seemed to have a bitter expression, and slowly started to speak.

"A part of the exit route we took from the cave was blown up. Even the trees, grass, ground, and everything around it was a mess."

Plop.

The kittens dropped the jerkies that were in their mouths. However, Cale was still relaxed.

"I'm sure the dragon did it."

Choi Han just stood there silently. Cale saw that, and started to smile as he stood up from his seat.

Even if it is only 4 years old, the dragon was still extremely smart. It knew someone may come to the escape route, and probably decided to blow it up. Since dragons are also very sensitive to mana, it probably destroyed everything around it to destroy the magic tools in the area as well.