🪶12 - Picked It Up (5)

Tap. Tap. Even at the rough patting, the baby kittens could only stiffly stare at Cale. Cale thought about the moment when he first met Choi Han. The injured silver kitten was growling while the red kitten was whining next to it.

'The silver kitten should be the older sister with grey hair and the younger brother must be the red kitten.'

Cale had a bright smile on his face. He looked toward the kittens and started to speak.

"We'll talk later."

The siblings who seemed to be beast people avoided his gaze and Hans confusingly replied.

"...Are you talking to me?"

"Not you."

Hans looked at Cale and the two kittens with an even more confused expression on his face, before holding the kittens even tighter. It was a movement that seemed to show that he was trying to avoid a dangerous person. However, he soon had to approach Cale once again.

"Are you heading back out?"

"Yes."

It was because Cale changed his coat and was preparing to leave again.

"Where will you be going?"

"I have a promise to keep and someone to meet."

"...Young master, you are going to keep a promise?"

Hans looked to be shocked again, as he questioned Cale.

"You seem to be getting ruder."

"My apologies."

The deputy butler's apology was very quick.

'Is he really the best of the butler candidates? He seemed decent by the way he handled Choi Han's issue.'

Cale felt like Hans, who was caressing the kittens with a wide grin on his face, was not very reliable.

'I'm going to take him to the capital as well.'

Cale was thinking about this, something that Hans would never expect even in his dreams, no, something that Hans would lament even if he learned about it in his dream, before Cale asked about the person he had not seen for a while.

"Where's Ron?"

Hans had a satisfied smile on his face at that question.

"I heard that Choi Han-nim will be going with you as one of your guards for the beginning part of your journey to the capital. Is that true?"

Hans was thinking about Choi Han, who had defeated all of the Count's Knight Brigade members today. He was more skilled than expected, making it easy for him to be Cale's guard as Cale wanted.

Of course, neither Hans nor the knights knew that Choi Han had hidden his true power.

"Mr. Ron found out that Choi Han-nim will be going with you and went out with Choi Han-nim to purchase some clothes and other necessary items for travel. Ah, Chef Beacrox went with them a well."

"I see. I'm relieved."

'They seem to be getting along well.'

There was a rare, extremely bright smile on Cale's face. The smile was very fitting with his beautiful red hair. Hans started to speak while being happy about Cale's bright smile.

"Mr. Ron, Choi Han-nim, and even Beacrox seem to be excited about serving you."

He could see an instantaneous change in Cale's face as he said that. Why would Cale suddenly look like he lost his appetite? Hans could not figure it out.