🪶22 - Returning the Favor (2)️

After easily passing through Puzzle City's gate, the Henituse family's Golden Turtle carriage followed the lead of deputy butler Hans to the inn.

"It is smaller than Western City."

"Right. Small."

Cale nodded at On and Hong's words, and looked outside the carriage.

'It won't follow me into the city, right?'

According to Choi Han, the Black Dragon would follow them from a far distance, before coming by in the early morning to drop the food off and then running away.

"Isn't it cute? The dragon seems like a little kid that hasn't lost its innocence, even after living such a terrible life."

'...Not really.'

That was what Cale was thinking as Choi Han spoke to him with amusement. If Choi Han had seen the dragon blow a mountain away, he would not be saying things like, 'Cute,' to describe it.

Cale didn't know why the dragon was doing this, even though it said that it hated humans. It was really overwhelming for Cale. This was not the way he was expecting things to go.

Since it was still young, Cale thought the dragon would stay away from the Marquis's territory and create its own lair to develop its strength. Cale was hoping that, after growing stronger, that the dragon would destroy the Marquis's estate before the war broke out in the continent.

That would be helpful in keeping the Henituse territory peaceful for a longer period of time.

"Tsk."

Cale clicked his tongue, and the kittens, who were excitedly looking out the window, flinched before approaching him. It seemed like they had seen something odd outside, and had come to ask.

"Each house has a rock tower in front of it."

"Very very weird."

Cale just casually answered.

"This is the city of rock towers."

Puzzle City was famous for the ancient ruins with a lot of rock towers, but it was also famous for the fact that each house had small rock towers in front of them.

The people in this city made a small groove outside of their windows to put a small rock tower on top of it. It really shouldn't be called a rock tower, because it was made with less than ten rocks, but the rock towers were formed in different shapes based on the personality of the home owners.

That was why it was only natural that the luxurious inn that Cale arrived at also had a rock tower in front of it.

"Will we be staying here?"

Hans quickly responded to Cale's question, as they followed behind the inn owner. Hans seemed to be very excited, as he was walking with the kitten siblings in his arms.

"Yes sir. We have reserved two days for Choi Han-nim, and have agreed to pay for the rest of the group depending on how long we end up staying here."

Ron flinched for a moment at Hans's words before quickly following behind with the magic box in his hand. Hans continued to speak.

"We arrived right before the Rock Tower Festival season, so the room was not that expensive."

The Rock Tower Festival. Puzzle City was currently busy preparing for next week's Rock Tower Festival. Cale just let out what he was thinking without giving it any thought.

"It's not like there are a lot of rocks here, but the rock towers are quite interesting. Very odd."

"I know the reason for that."