Chapter Fifteen - Reasurrance and Interviews

Your P.O.V.

—----------------

I wake up still huddled in Bill’s arms. We’re still moving, but it looks like we’re in a city now. Bill’s still asleep, but I turn to look at the others, and Tom is awake. He smiles at me and whispers.

“Are you doing alright?” I nod and whisper back.

“You look stressed. Is something wrong?” He shakes his head.

“I just can’t stop thinking about what ifs.” I nod and realize he’s talking about last night.

“Like what if Georg wasn’t fast enough? I don’t know. I guess I was just scared.” I smile at him.

“I’m okay, so there’s no need to think about those things.” He nods and smiles at me. Bill starts to stir awake, and he looks at me.

“Oh, you’re already awake. Are you feeling okay?” I nod, and he slowly removes himself from me, seeming reluctant to let go. Even though he releases me from his hold, he still grabs my hand, and I smile at him. 

“I’m fine, Bill, my only issue is that my arm is a little sore.” He nods and lets go of my hand, getting up and grabbing the first aid kit. He sits down next to me, removing the bandage from last night. I look over at Tom who’s just seen the cut for the first time. He looks pissed, I’m sure if Carla wasn’t on her way to a jail cell, he would have ripped her head off. I look over at Bill as he gently holds my arm, looking to see if it's infected or not. He sighs.

“Everything looks okay, and it wasn’t deep, so you’re not bleeding anymore.” I smile.

“That’s good, see Bill I’m fine. You don’t have to be worried.” I hold both of his hands in mine and look into his eyes and smile, hoping to get across the message that everything is okay. He smiles at me and gently pulls me into a hug. 

“I’m sorry, I just can’t help but worry since I feel like we could have prevented it.” I pat his back.

“There’s nothing you could have done to predict something like that happening.” He sighs.

“I know, but I still feel bad.” I push away from the hug and hold Bill’s face in my hands.

“I am okay. I’ll be okay. I promise.” I look deep into his eyes, and Tom clears his throat.

“So when are you guys gonna kiss?” I blush and let go of Bills face. He turns to Tom. 

“If we were gonna kiss, it would be somewhere private and not infront of you Tom.” That makes me go even more red, and I lay my head down on the table. Even my ears are red. I hear Tom laugh, and I kick his leg under the table. 

“Ow, why are you so violent?” I hear Bill laugh.

“You deserved that.” I sit up and laugh along with Bill.

“I do not!” I look over to where Georg and Gustav are sitting and their starting to wake up due to our antics. Georg gives me a “what the fuck is happening” look and I just shrug. We chat until the bus comes to a stop. The manager walks into the bus and tells us what’s gonna happen today. There’s gonna be an interview and he said I have to come. I guess the paparazzi caught a few pictures of us while we were hanging out the other day and there are people who want to know who I am. We nod and all head out of the bus, Bill grabs my hand and we hold hands as we walk into the hotel. We get in and a staff member hands us our room keys and lets us know we have around three hours before the interview. 

Once Tom, Bill and I all enter the room, Bill turns to me giving me a worried look.

“Are you sure you want to do this interview right after everything that happened.” I put my hand on his shoulder.

“I’ll be fine, I promise.” He sighs and shakes his head. There’s a knock at the door and we here Gustav from the other side. 

“Can we talk about the plan for this interview.” Tom opens the door and Gustav and Georg walk in, they sit on the couch and I decide to sit next to them. Georg speaks first.

“So how are we supposed to introduce them?” Bill looks like he’s lost in thought for a moment before speaking.

“We could introduce them as a late addition to the band.” Bill turns to me.

“Can you play any instruments?” I nod. 

“I’m a little out of practice but I can play piano.” He smiles. 

“Perfect then that’s how we’ll introduce you and we can put you on the next album if you decide to stay with us.” I smile and nod. We decide to chill out and chat doing some German lessons while we wait for the manager to come get us.

The manager finally shows up and we head out Bill grabs my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. I smile at him and we head out to the van. I sit next to Bill and Tom. Tom looks over at me and smiles most likely in hopes of comforting me. I smile back in hopes of telling him that I'm fine.

We arrive at the small studio and the manager and a lady usher us into a room with a couch and a chair where a lady is sitting waiting for us. There's also an audience filled with mostly teenage girls, I feel their eyes burrowing into my head. They do not like me. We sit down and the lady speaks.

"So let's start with the burning question on everyone's mind. Who is the new person?" Bill speaks first.

"Well we were hoping to make it a surprise but this is (Name), they're going to be in our next album playing keyboard." I nod and smile, in hopes that no one can tell how nervous I am. I feel someone grab my hand and turn to Bill who’s still conversing with the interviewer. 

We spend another hour doing the interview then it's finally over. I stand up with the boys and we head out. I get outside of the studio and release a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in. Tom pats my back.

"You okay?" I smile and nod.

"Yeah, I'm just not used to being a celebrity." Tom nods.

"Well it looks like you're gonna have to since you're part of the band now." He grins at me and I laugh. 

"Yeah that's what it looks like."