22┃𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣' 𝙟𝙚𝙨𝙪𝙨

IT'D BEEN ONLY A FEW MONTHS, BUT SOMEHOW EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT

IT'D BEEN ONLY A FEW MONTHS, BUT SOMEHOW EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT. It'd only be a mere three months since the attack on Alexandria, the Anderson's death, and Carl's incident.

The herd didn't take that long to clean up, only a few days at most once they were all gone, Grace didn't do much though. It took Carl a few days to properly wake up, and she never once left his side.

When clearing out the bodies, there was nothing to place inside the graves of the Andersons. Grace insisted on putting up something though, so she spent a few weeks building tombstones for the three of them, it was just another thing to keep her mind of it all.

What Ron did was unforgivable and horrid.

But he was still a kid.

And he was once Grace's only friend.

She couldn't do that to him. She just couldn't. She made him a tombstone, and placed it right beside the empty graves of him and his family.

Glenn and Enid made their way back to Alexandria after the herd, their return was possibly the only good thing coming out of Grace's life. Even though she was sure she had no tears and voice left, she still managed to cry when she saw the two.

Alexandria needed a change, even without the walkers, the place was a disaster. It took some time, but eventually, a new wall was built, and they were only now in the process of dismantling the old wall.

It all happened at once, and just before she knew it, it was done with. There was no time to mourn, no time to mope around over it, things had to change.

Grace spent that morning over at Carol's. Grace had grown into a habit of baking, she didn't exactly know why but she did. It was something she enjoyed doing when things were crazy. Carol was the one who taught her everything she knew, and she had everything in her kitchen.

So when Grace wanted to make something, even if she wasn't around, Carol always allowed her to use the kitchen, and that morning she did. She woke up bright and early and made her way to Carol's house, baking a fresh apple pie that she knew Maggie enjoyed.

Glenn? Not so much, but she was hoping if she kept making it, he'd learn to like it.

"Grace." The warmest smile crept on Maggie's face as she opened the front door. She looked tired is all that Grace could focus about. "Is that--- Is that an apple pie?" Maggie grinned as she looked down to the pie dish in her hand, it was covered with a cloth but the smell was undeniable.

"It is." Grace smiled, "I thought I'd give it to you before I went on the supply run."

"You're going on a run?"

"Rick and Daryl asked me to come on this one, said I needed to stop sitting in my bedroom all day." She let out an awkward chuckle, they weren't wrong, it was practically all she did nowadays.