2┃𝙨𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮

AFTER SOME TIME, Grace finally convinced herself to leave, with Hershel telling her he wouldn't allow her to give any blood and her just thinking about how if she were a parent, she'd want some alone time with her kid

But of course, she didn't go far, instead, she laid on the living room couch, getting whatever rest she could, it wasn't like her to stay up late, usually, she'd been asleep by now, but she couldn't just in case.

"Grace, why don't you eat something?" Maggie walked into the room, placing a plate with a sandwich beside her on the coffee table. "I'm not hungry," she mumbled, her eye's not leaving the ceiling. "Are you sure?" Maggie asked, tilting her head slightly as she brushed the hair out of her face.

"Mhm." Grace weakly smiled, nodding her head at the same time. "I'm gonna go sit outside for a bit, you wanna come?" Maggie proposed, standing up. "I'm okay." she smiled, Maggie hesitated but left the girl to rest in the end.

Shortly after though, Maggie came inside with two others who Grace wasn't too sure who they were, normally, she would've introduced herself or something of the sort but the young girl was way too exhausted to even sit up straight, so she stayed laid on the couch as people walked in and out of the room.

Eventually, she'd gotten extremely thirsty and managed to pull herself up off the couch to get herself a glass of water, exchanging glances with Lori and Rick who sat on the floor outside of the room Carl was in, Grace felt bad, for some reason, she felt like she'd done nothing to help or even save the boy, she felt like everything she did was for nothing, and he was just gonna die in the end.

As Grace filled the same glass Rick and Lori had given to her some time ago, the once silent home was filled with the sound of coughing, Grace placed her glass down and instantly turned her head,

It was coming from Carl's room. Without hesitation, Grace ran into the room after his parents, standing behind them as they embraced their son, all of Grace's worries were gone, and she felt happy, it wasn't all for nothing, he was okay, he was awake for Christ's sake.

"Where are we?" The boy stammered, clearly distressed. "Hey, little man." Rick grinned looking at his son, "That's Hershel, and that's Grace."

For some reason, Grace was shocked at Rick's mention of her, but it made her happy, it made her feel as if she'd done good. "We're in their house, you had an accident, alright?" Rick spoke softly and calmly to the young boy as his mother brushed the hair off his forehead, "It hurts, a lot." The boy groaned, "Oh baby, I know. I know." Lori soothed her son.

"You should've seen it." a smile creaked onto the boy's face, "What?" Lori questioned,

"The deer." The boy replied, "It was so pretty, Mom." Grace thought this boy was crazy, he'd been shot and was in pain, yet all he could talk about was how pretty the deer was.

So much bad, yet all he saw was the beauty. "It was so close. I've never been..." The boy's smile slowly faded as his eyes lost the spark they had seconds ago.