5┃𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙚

"JUST AS GROSS

"JUST AS GROSS." Grace spat over the body of walker, she somehow still hadn't gotten around to killing walkers, she couldn't get used to a gun, no matter how many lessons she had with Rick, she just was trash at it.

Grace used to think that everything she did and loved in the old world was pointless, and would get her nowhere in the new world,  but her love for baseball lived on in both worlds.

"Really?" Carl rolled his eyes as he walked by, gun out and ready. "shut up." Grace replied, draping her bat over her shoulder,

"Come on," he mumbled to her, Grace following quickly behind him, her bat ready to swing at any given moment, Rick quickly caught up with the two, Grace felt like they'd proven themselves, The winter was harsh, and they did as much as they could to contribute, and she felt like personally, she'd done well.

"Damn, is all this empty?" Grace wondered as she followed behind Carl into the kitchen letting her bat hang at her knees. "Grace, shush." Carl spun his head around, placing one finger over his lips, Grace just rolled her eyes, walking past him. "It's all emptied out."

Grace observed, picking up cans and dropping them back down, "You think there's anything left behind?" Grace questioned, she waited for Carl's response but didn't get one. "Carl?" She turned her head, only to see the boy in the doorframe as he fired his gun.

"What is it?" Grace stood up, picking her bat up as she ran into the room, "Woah, this one's old." Grace hovered over the body. As Grace glanced back up to Carl, he said nothing, just walking back into the kitchen past her, "Listen I don't get why you're-"

Grace paced back into the kitchen, only stopping her rant at the creaking of the door as Maggie and Glenn stepped in. "Anything?" Maggie asked, looking up at Grace. "I don't know, why don't we ask Carl,, oh wait- he's totally ignoring me," Grace spoke sarcastically, Glenn and Maggie had pretty much gotten used to their constant bickering as they walked out the room.

Nothing happened, it was just like them to get into tiny arguments and hold a grudge over it for a few days, until something happened that would pull them right back together, it all started because Carl wanted to go out and get extra supplies and Grace told him not too, even waking up Rick when Carl refused to listen, which pissed him off, Grace didn't regret it one bit, she just wished he'd give it up.

"Fine, don't talk." Grace gave up, placing her bat down as she crouched down, searching each cabinet, each was empty, or had empty cans with nothing inside,

As Grace opened the final cabinet, all she found were two cans of dog food. "Just dog food, damnit." Grace mumbled, grabbing her bat as she stood up. Grace glanced up at Carl and they shared a glance, just for a second, before the boy crouched down and grabbed the two cans, "What are you-- There's no way you're gonna eat that?" Grace followed after the boy who abruptly walked out.

As the two entered the living room where everyone sat, Grace stopped. ever since the farm, ever since Rick's speech that night, nothing had been the same, there was always this awkward tension that followed them everywhere they went.