16┃𝙙𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨

"ENID, DON'T MAKE ME BEG YOU

"ENID, DON'T MAKE ME BEG YOU.." Grace groaned, Enid had been in bed, reading comic books all day long. Usually, Grace would join her and provide hourly snacks, but today, today was different.

She'd spent the entire morning begging Enid to go to the welcoming party that Deanna had organized ever since Glenn and Maggie stopped by for breakfast, in which they mentioned it to her.

"Well, you're gonna have to. I'm not going to some stupid party, it's not even for us." Enid spat, eyes deep into her comic book. "I know, I know, but come on, I wanna go, and I can't go with you," Grace pled with the girl, she hoped eventually she'd give in.

"I'm not going, Grace." Enid glared up at her, she wasn't gonna give in. "I swear, you can lend all  my comic books for however long you want if you just come to this damn party!" Grace was seated at the end of the bed, but she felt like she was on her hands and knees begging.

"Tempting, but no." Enid mocked, she knew it was killing Grace and she was enjoying every second of it.

That was the thing with those two, they both were total bitches, and they knew it.

Grace liked to think it's what made them such good friends.

"We don't even own any 'party' clothes." Enid chuckled, "Shit-  you're right." Grace's entire closet was practically empty, beside the few pairs of clothes Deanna had given her when she first arrived, Enid's closet was a bit more filled, but nothing much different from Grace's.

"I'll be back." Grace patted Enid's knee, she didn't look up from her comic book at all. Grace quickly rushed out of the girl's bedroom, instantly aiming for the door, she knew where she could find spare clothes, Deanna.

Deanna's house was a bit far from Grace's, but nothing she couldn't manage.

As she arrived at the Monroe's doorstep, she couldn't exactly tell if the party had already started, hell, it was probably not even noon yet. "Deanna?" Grace knocked, nothing. "Deanna?" she knocked again, nothing.

Grace then lifted her ear to the door where she heard music, calming music, but music regardless. She could only assume the party had started. She slowly crept the door open, she hoped it wasn't completely packed. "Oh! Grace! You startled me." Deanna shouted as Grace appeared in the doorway.

"I'm sorry, I just--"

"You're a bit early, arent you? Nobody's here yet, I was just setting things up." Deanna chuckled, holding a few bottles in one hand and a few cups in the other. "I-- I was wondering if you had any spare clothes I could wear, I don't have anything that's really.. party attire?" Grace stammered, she was anxious for some reason.

"Ah! I have just the right thing for you, follow me." The woman beamed, placing the bottles and cups on a table nearby as she made her way up the stairs, Grace followed quickly behind. "You know, when it all happened, and I and my husband made Alexandria a community, we cleared out most of the houses, they've just been collecting dirt since then!" Deanna turned her head to smile at the girl, Grace replied with a nod and a smile.