11┃𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚

IT HAD BEEN SIX MONTHS, Six months since The Governor and Woodbury as a whole attempted to gun down the prison, and six months since they miserably failed in the process

IT HAD BEEN SIX MONTHS, Six months since The Governor and Woodbury as a whole attempted to gun down the prison, and six months since they miserably failed in the process. When Rick and the others came back from Woodbury, they brought home a few dozen people.

It was a big change, and a big change that everyone had a hard time adjusting to, but Grace personally had grown to love being in a big group, and she seriously loved seeing the prison fully transition into their home, it didn't feel like a prison anymore, they didn't feel threatened, things were good, and people were good.

When it came to Grace and Carl,

Grace had successfully ignored the boy for a whopping two weeks. at the two-week mark, Rick had finally hashed everything out, with the new people entering the prison, it meant things had to change, but one thing that didn't change was Grace and Carl's cells.

Grace fought with Rick for at least an hour that day, begging him to switch her out, she even claimed she'd sleep outside if she could, but Rick refused, saying there just weren't enough cells, and frankly enough, he believed they needed to get over their bickering, saying it was hurting the group in its own ways.

Which made sense as every time they went on runs, or were put on watch, it just resulted in an argument which resulted in zero work getting done.

Being stuck in the same cell, they were forced to talk again, to be within 6 feet of each other, and it changed a lot.

They ended up making up pretty fast, Grace apologized for everything she said that day and Carl apologized for everything he ever did wrong to Grace in their two years or so of knowing each other.

By time six months rolled around, the prison was a changed place, but Carl and Grace were forever the same old kids they used to be.

"You didn't wake us up!" Grace ran down the slope, Carl walking slowly behind her,

"Cause I knew you two were up all night reading comics with a flashlight." Rick walked towards the two, a smirk plastered on his face, "And since when did you want to be woken up early, Grace?" Rick raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"Fair point." Grace chucked as the two kids placed their hands on the fence, "Hey, what's up with Violet? Carl asked, calling attention to the pig that laid in the mud, she'd been acting up for the past few days.

"Carl, I told you not to name them. They're not piglets anymore. They're food." Rick stated, "I know, but in my defense, Gracie named her." Carl glanced over to the girl, "You're a traitor." Grace scoffed, giving the boy a death stare.

There was a moment of silence then, "I don't know what going on with her." Rick admitted, "Could be sick, could be nothing. Feel better, Violet," Rick snickered, looking down to the two kids with a grin on his face. "Okay, come on, let's get to it."

Since the prison had grown in people, and in size overall, the day Grace was given chores was the day she actually felt like a teenage girl, and she couldn't exactly tell whether she hated it, or secretly loved it.