4┃𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣

AFTER DALE DIED, GRACE DIDN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING, She hadn't seen it happen

AFTER DALE DIED, GRACE DIDN'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING, She hadn't seen it happen. She was about to fall asleep when she heard the gunshot, she ran outside seeing every crowded in the field and saw it then, she cried, and didn't stop. Maggie held the girl the entire night as she just.. cried.

It was just another reminder everyone she loves is gonna eventually die, sooner or later. And this new world was just a ticking time bomb for death.

"Grace, what did I tell you? Get changed." Maggie creaked the girl's door opening, observing Grace still tucked tightly into bed. "I can't," Grace mumbled from underneath her blanket. "Come on, Grace. I know we didn't know him well, but—" Maggie began,

"No, it's not like that. It has nothing to do with that." Grace turned over, her face just peeking out of her blanket.

"I don't want to go to another funeral, Maggie." A tear fell down her cheek, "I don't want to" It hurt too much, Maggie was right, she didn't know the man, but others did, and seeing their own faces, it broke her. "Please, consider it." Maggie walked out of the room, Grace didn't end up going although she did watch from her bedroom window.

━━━━━━━☆━━━━━━━

AS GRACE SAT ON THE STEPS OF THE PATIO, She was bored. It's the only word to describe it, bored. It often happened a lot when the world is overrun by monsters, or which she'd started calling "walkers". But it was extremely worse that day, everyone had something they were doing, somewhere to be, someone to talk to, except Grace.

She'd spent the morning in bed before visiting Beth, but it was only briefly as the girl wanted to sleep, and Grace wasn't going to keep her up, when Grace went downstairs and asked what she could do, Maggie told her nothing. Grace knew what it was, Maggie was looking down on her, cause of her breakdown the night before and her attitude that morning.

Maggie thought she was just another weak and fragile kid, and she hated it. "Hey, Grace?" Grace snapped out of her head, her head jolting up. it was Glenn.

"Mhm?" She mumbled, nodding as the man walked towards her, his hand behind his back. "You won't believe what I found.." He spoke, a smile creeping on his face. Grace's confused face turned joyful as she saw the man pull a baseball and a bat from behind. Grace didn't exactly know how he knew she played, or was even interested in the sport, but it didn't matter.

"Oh my god!" Grace sprung up, rushing over to where Glenn stood a few feet away. "Oh my god, Glenn!" Grace took the bat and wrapped her arms around Glenn, "This is— Oh my god— We have to play!" Grace realized what two bats and one ball meant.

"Grace— I—" Glenn mumbled as the girl rushed back onto the patio, running through the door and up the stairs, Grace dashed throughout the entire house in order to grab her bat, thankfully, as she arrived back outside, Glenn had gone nowhere.