Chapter 19

I couldn't believe it. Today was the last day of bonding and tomorrow would be the day of our championship game. I was both excited and nervous. I've been waiting all season till this moment. And now that the moment is here, I couldn't be more excited.

We didn't have school today so I planned on sleeping in but, of course, that wasn't the case.

Because at 8 A.M. in the morning, my phone buzzed non stop but I ignored it. I eventually got annoyed and picked up the phone.

"We have bonding today," Daniel informed me through the phone. "I'll pick you up in half an hour."

"That's not enough time for me to get ready!" I exclaimed frantically.

"Don't tell me you just got out of bed?" He asked, disbelief in his tone.

"I was planning on sleeping in today," I mumbled. "Why are you even up this early anyways?"

"Habit," he said simply. "Besides I go for morning runs. You should join me sometime."

"Ha like I'd wake up for that," I snorted. "I barely wake up for our morning practices."

"You'd wake up for me though," he said, a teasing tone in his voice.

"Yeah of course," I said, sarcastically. "Now I'm going to get ready now."

"Alright bye."

And that's how our relationship was like. We acted normal but we didn't have the normal feelings that we used to. We were a couple now but we didn't act like it. We didn't really do much PDA but we held hands in front of people, that's about it.

That's how I liked it. I wasn't used to the mushy stuff and Daniel knew that.

After hopping out of the shower, I put on a fitted white tank and some grey sweat shorts. I paired it with some white sneakers and long white socks.

I ate a light breakfast and grabbed an apple from the bowl

Bzz Bzz

I checked my phone to see I received a text message.

Daniel: I'm here.

I grabbed my white shoulder purse and headed out the door. I texted my parents to let them know what I was doing and hopped into the passenger seat of Daniel's car. They were out on a picnic date for their first date anniversary.

"You look nice," he complimented with a smile.

"Thanks."

A moment of silence passed but I didn't mind. It was comfortable and it just gave me time to look at the scenery around us.

There were a bunch of buildings lined up next to each other and an endless amount of trees that scattered around the town.

"Where are we going anyways?" I asked once I realized that I still didn't know where we were going.