Chapter 16

"So last night was fun," Chrissy said as we continued walking to class.

"Yeah I guess," I said, still deep in thought about what happened last night. I had been the one to initiate the kiss this time.

Suddenly Chrissy stopped walking and turned to face me, "What's wrong?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and feigned confusion. "What do you mean?"

"You've been dazing off all day," she told me.

"It's just that Daniel gave me his hoodie last night and he was actually nice to me. He walked me home and I might've kissed his cheek. I just don't know what to think right now," I confided in her.

A smirked appeared on her face as she gave me a knowing look. "Someone has a crush!" She sang.

I threw her a dirty look. "Shut up, I don't have a crush on Daniel!"

Chrissy gave me a look that said that she didn't believe me. "Whatever you say."

"And I'm feeling much better now," I lied. "I've realized why I was so confused. It was because I hate him and I was so disgusted by the face that he would actually be nice to me and offer me something. The kiss was a one off."

Chrissy had a worried look on her face and she pointed a subtle finger behind me.

I slowly turned around and realized that Daniel was right behind me.

I gave him a nervous smile. "How much of that did you hear?"

"Enough," he said with an impassive tone. "I just came to tell you that you could keep the hoodie but now I realized that's the last thing you would want to do."

I hesitantly reached into my backpack and pulled out his hoodie. I handed it to him and as he reached for it, I felt guilty.

He was just trying to be nice to me last night and here I am dissing him all because I wanted Chrissy to stop saying that I had a crush on him. I was definitely in denial.

After leaving Chrissy and me speechless by his death glare, we finally snapped out of our daze and resumed our way to class. Who knew a walk to class could feel so long. This wasn't going to be a good day.

***

"Omigosh, you're so hot Daniel!" I heard a high pitched, screeching voice coo. It was followed by an exaggerated giggle.

I raised by eyebrow in curiosity as I hid behind the wall that could cover me enough to not be noticed. I had asked the teacher to use the bathroom and I was going to enter the bathroom when I heard voices.

Daniel and Shannon.

Shannon was a cheerleader. She was blonde and best friends with Charlotte. I guess they were not as good as friends as I thought because she was flirting with Charlotte's ex boyfriend.

Was she the girl that he said he has feelings for? He told me he liked someone else when we were talking about Olivia.

Daniel smirked as he leaned against the lockers like he had no worries in the world and as if our argument had never happened.

I watched as Shannon reached for Daniel's arm. "Wow you're so strong," she smiled.

Daniel smirked, flexing a little. "It's no big deal. You should see how I'd look like if I actually worked out more."

I rolled my eyes at his arrogance. Typical Daniel.

Even after laughing at the girl's desperate attempts at flirting with Daniel, I couldn't help but feel something weird in my stomach again.