Chapter 5

"Ugh, I really do not want to do this bonding thing," I groaned, slumping in my seat. It was lunch time and we had to start the bonding ASAP as in after school.

"No one does," Chrissy piped up. "I don't know why they're making us do it."

"Yeah, it's not benefitting anyone," Jenny agreed.

To say I was not looking forward to this was an understatement. I would've done anything to get out of doing it.

Community service, detention, scrubbing desks, anything.

And we had to do this for two weeks. That was too long if you asked me. Sometimes I wished our championship game was sooner so we wouldn't have to bond as long, but we needed the time to practice.

After much complaining during lunch, it was finally time to go back to our classes.

"Kennedy, the sport's board needs to see you in her office," Mrs. Marshall told me in the middle of class.

I nodded and packed up my backup before getting up and leaving the classroom. That class was so boring so I was happy to be getting out of it. I made my way to Bonnie's office, making sure to take the longer route to skip class for longer. Once I reached her office, I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" A voice shouted from behind the door.

I opened the door and looked at the presence in front of me. Daniel was already sitting in front of Bonnie's desk. "Please take a seat Kennedy."

I obeyed without question and took a seat next to Daniel. I sat on the edge of my seat, farthest away from him.

"As you guys know, the bonding starts today," Bonnie started. "I will need both of your phone numbers because each day I'll have an activity planned out for you guys. I will notify you via text message about the details. Sometimes you guys will need to come here to get some equipment or materials like tickets. Your coaches will not be joining you therefore you guys can bond freely on your own. Your coaches will have their own bonding time and will things by themselves. If you have any questions, please let me know."

"Do we have to do this?" I blurted out.

Bonnie nodded, giving me a stern look. "Yes. You guys are required to do this. It is mandatory. And as team captains, you guys have to get your team pumped up for this."

I sighed in defeat.

"Now I'll be needing your numbers." She handed us each post-it note. I wrote my name on the top and underneath it, I put my number. I slid the number back to her on the table and Daniel did the same. "Perfect. I'll be sending you the details for today later after school. You guys will have to leave together. I have a large van for you guys. You guys get your own personal driver for two weeks. Isn't that exciting?"

"Very," Daniel muttered sarcastically.

"And you guys will get the opportunity to meet him right now before your team mates. He'll be here any minute." She informed us.

True to her words, a few minutes later, there was a knock at the door. The person that came in was not what I was expecting. He looked a little older than us, probably in his late teens. He had brown hair and a charming smile.

"This is Brady. Your new personal driver," Bonnie smiled brightly. "Brady, this is Kennedy and Daniel. You'll get to meet the others later."

"Great. Nice to meet you guys." Oh and he also had a British accent. Maybe this wasn't all too bad.

"Okay, you guys may get back to class now."

***

Bonnie: Starting off easy. You guys have tickets to see the movie Big Hero 6. Pick them up at my office right after school.