Chapter 18

The next day at school, I tried avoiding Daniel as much as possible. Now that I knew my real feelings for Daniel, I was too afraid to confront them.

I mean, what if he didn't feel the same way I did? He might laugh at me and make fun of me even more than he already did. Everything would be ruined.

"Omigosh!" Chrissy gasped, when I told her about my feelings for Daniel. "You like Daniel?!"

I shushed her. "Shh, keep it down," I told her.

"I'm not going to lie. I totally saw that coming," she smirked. "And I told you so."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah whatever."

"Who else knows? And how did you find out? Tell me everything!" She commanded me.

"No one else except you and Coach Melody. Actually she was the one who made me realize my feelings. That's what we talked about when she said she wanted to talk to me actually," I told her honestly.

"Ah I see," she said, thinking for a minute. "Then that was productive because Troy owes me 10 bucks."

My jaw dropped. "You were betting on me?!"

She nodded, not shaken by my outburst. "Well both of you. Stop making everything all about you," she teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Do what you want."

"I will," she gave me smile. I could sense a glint of evil behind it.

Uh oh. Something is definitely up.

***

Meet me at the beach at 9.

My heart started beating fast as I read the note that was taped onto my locker.

Who could have sent it?

Well I guess I'll never know unless I showed up at the beach.

A secret part of me wanted Daniel to be the one who sent the note, but that was crazy.

He wouldn't do that. Would he? He wasn't the romantic type. Maybe it was my friends or Chase playing a prank on me.

Throughout the day, my body was shaking with anticipation. I was distracted in class, wondering about who could be the one who sent me the note.

I guess I'd just have to find out after school.

8:50

There was ten minutes left until I had to meet the secret and mysterious person at the beach. I hope I didn't get kidnapped.

I was dressed in a light yellow sundress. It had ribbons on the straps on the dress and it was very flown. It wasn't windy outside when I went home so I decided to just wear a thin jacket. I put on light brown sandals and let my hair down.