Chapter Twenty

Winter:

He ran after Qibli, his bleeding paw left untreated as he had forgotten about it when they were in the medical cave.

They'd ran around half the mountain it felt like, and only a moment before they entered the two dragoness's caves a loud BOOOOONNNGGGGG sounded, signaling end of their class, which they were not at all present for.

As they slid into the small two dragon cave, a pool of seaweed and a fountain beside it with a nice, cozy looking leafy hammock sat in opposite corners with an identical white rug to their own laying in the middle of the room.

The SeaWing princess Anemone sat on the left side, the blind RainWing Tamarin in the middle, very close to Anemone, and the SkyWing Carnelian, their Winglet member sat on the furthest right.

"Is this everyone?" Qibli asked, trotting to the circle and sitting down infront of them, finishing their semicircle and leaving a space for Winter.

Instead of going and sitting down, he stood at the door with his wings raised high as the limp paw pooled blood inbetween his scales.

"Winter, are you alright?" Anemone asked as she looked over, acknowledging the leg he held in he air.

Qibli's head swung around like an owl in the Ice Kingdom, staring sadly at him.

He just growled, taking a step back and sitting in the arch of the room.

We need to hurry and leave. He thought, annoyed that Qibli just ran over and sat in their weird circle.

"Sorry, guys! My mind just- r-really... Clouded? I feel like I'm forgetting everything, or just impo-important stuff, I-I dunno— anyway, we need to leave." He said quickly, stuttering on his own words.

The frick is going on! He cursed, baring his teeth as he walked over to Qibli and placed his head upon the SandWing's shoulder.

The SkyWing gave them odd looks but didn't elaborate on them, a look of weird longing apparent deep in them, though it was only there for a second before it was replaced with boredom and slight agitation.

"Ya know, I was poisoned," He growled, taking a deep breath and acknowledging Qibli's calming scent, the warm feeling that filled him all the way to his heart, and the soft but dominant voice of the SandWing.

"Sorry— we need to go to the Rainforest and find whatever this antidote is, and apparently I only have five days to do so."

Tamarin's whole body stiffened, and Anemone's eyes widened, while Carnelian's simply stayed mostly bored looking, a twinge of some other emotion in there too.

"Ok, well hurry up! Go go go, we need as many people as we can for this! Be back in five days, alright?" She said not unkindly, but a fierce tone in her voice laced all of her words, empowering him to want to go even quicker.

Qibli stood up and began walking out the room, faltering only a second to wrap his tail around the IceWing's.

Right after they turned the corner, he heard Carnelian start speaking, though he wasn't listening.

When they were going to turn to go in the direction of an almost-dragon-sized window, he turned to the medical cave again.

He must have been the dragon who went broke the record for most times gone to the medical room, because it was an insane amount at this point.

Qibli snorted in an exasperated way, "Ah, Winter, I'm so sorry! My mind is all over the place right now!" He apologized, running over to catch up.

Winter simply nodded, finally pulling his wings out to balance better as he limped down the halls.