Chapter Four

Well, if you could call being bombarded with questions by an over-excited RainWing exciting, sure.

"Ooh, you're scales are sooo shiny!" She exclaimed when she rudely ran into Winter.

"What's your name? I'm Kinkajou! I'm in the Jade winglet, what about you? Have you met Moon? She's sooooo cool! And Turtle! AND CARNELIAN! Carnelian is kinda rude but that doesn't matter, she'll open up soon! Hey, where are you going?! You haven't answered any of my questions! Get BACK HEREEE!"

Winter had started walking away when she bounced like a diseased rabbit with him, her scales flashing back and fourth in a pink-and-yellow zigzag-polkadot pattern.

Winter huffed angrily and perked his spikes, annoyed with the RainWing.

He didn't have anyone to talk to here, unless you counted that SandWing, but that was a one time thing.

But what if I get another panic attack? His mind whispered.

I'll survive. He thought, then remembered the time he nearly passed out while flying from a panic attack, which easily could've, and would've, killed him. Maybe not.

Maybe it didn't have to be a one time thing, maybe it could be a friendship...

No, definitely not, if he was to be a true IceWing, he wouldn't be allowed to have these thoughts.

He was brought back to the present by the RainWing throwing a pineapple at Winter's head, sticking to a large spike and sticky liquid dripping down his horn onto his head.

He hissed at her and shook his head, the pineapple flying off and landing on the ground with a loud thunk.

Thankfully, whatever was in the tea worked wonders and his chest was barely hurting anymore, but a small headache now filled his head.

He looked around for some sort of cloth to dry his head, but noticed there was a sort of gloom feeling in the entire prey centre, mostly coming from the few SkyWings.

"What happened?" He asked before he could help it. This was so unlike him.

"Didn't you hear? A SkyWing was.. uhmm.." She looked around the room as if wondering if someone else would say it, but was certainly disappointed when no one volunteered. "They were killed... It looked clean and painless but.."

She trailed off and looked down, the much-too-vibrant colors dulling for a few moments before they brightened when a SeaWing came up.

"H-hi" The green SeaWing said, so shy and unsure.

"Hi Turtle!" Kinkajou exclaimed again, giving a hug to the other dragon.

"This is.. uhm- what was your name?" She asked.

"Winter.." He mumbled, and looked down, trying to remember if Qibli had told him what 'Winglet' he was in.

"Oh, you're in our Winglet, the Jade one," The dragon named Turtle added.

"Oh." He said plainly, wanting desperately to ask a teacher about the SkyWing.

"Well Winter," She started, "that's a pretty cool name, wouldn't you say? Hey, don't be so cold!"

Winter growled lowly and stalked off, immediately forgetting the SeaWing's name.

It was looming sunset and Winter finally let the news sink in that this was a very eventful day.

A SkyWing died, Winter had an injury in his chest, his thoughts were cursed, and school was officially starting in two days, TWO.

That was NOT enough time to get settled and this stupid wound to heal.