Chapter One

Winter:

Winter was forced to fight the harsh currents of the mountains, his sister, Icicle, and her evil minions whipping him with their tails if he got too close, therefore not letting him fly in their wake and instead fighting their wind currents.

His wings burned and were starting to feel numb when he looked over to the east and saw the SandWing and SkyWing students flying together towards Jade Mountain aswell.

Winter noticed a large, bulky SkyWing leading with a rather handsome SandWing beside them.

Winter immediately shook his head, trying to clear it of these unholy thoughts, but instead lost his balance and flew into one of the IceWings, who slashed his wing and chest with her sharp tail spikes, then swung at his head and hissed.

He gasped and tried flapping his wings, but nothing happened.

He just fell.

And fell.

And fell.

Until he wasn't falling anymore

He felt claws gently but quickly grab around his chest and torso, but let out a hiss -which sounded more like a whimper- when they went over the bleeding wounds

The dragon holding him mumbled something over the wind, which the nearly paralyzed Winter only now noticed that they were still falling- just not quite as fast as before.

The only thing he heard was "Help! I need- Hey! Hey you- don't pass out on me! Keep your wings ope- NO-"

And then he was gone.

Qibli:

The IceWing in his arms went limp, then his wings drooped, only accelerating their fall.

The rocky mountain below them, only an hour's flight away from Jade Mountain, was slowly looming closer to them, promising death if they fell on it.

He was panting trying to keep up with his and the dragon beneath him's weight, and also already tired from flying all the way from the stronghold.

A SkyWing, and another SandWing who's name was Onyx came and took his good wing, along with the upper half of the male.

As they flew to the near back of the mix of dragons, trying to somewhat glide behind them, a few dragons were caught staring by Qibli and immediately fell back in order.

For some reason, Qibli felt like this dragon needed some protection and love, but tried to rationalize these thoughts by repeating to himself you just saw him get sliced up by that other ones tail and, he's wounded and knocked out, aswell as, maybe it's just because he's from a different tribe, and I was taught to respect and care for them all.

He sighed and beat his wings harder, accidentally throwing off the balance of everyone else and giving an apologetic smile.

"How far is it until we're there?" A young SandWing, who was probably two, asked.