Chapter Eight

Moon:

Moon yawned as she woke up, stretching her body, extending her wings fully and digging her claws lightly into her blankets.

Her bed was a low hammock, multiple blankets filling it.

"Moon! Moon! Moon!" Kinkajou hopped in front of her, smiling from ear to ear.

Her thoughts were all EEEEEEEEEE and MOON! MOON! MOON! THERE'S A HOT ICEWING IN OUR CLASS AGAIN!!!

"Yes, Kinkajou?" Moon replied, pretending she hadn't just read her mind and figured it out already.

"There's a SUUUUPERRRRR hot IceWing in our class, AGAIN!!" She squealed, her scales changing colors every millisecond it seemed.

"Kinkajou.. he was in our Winglet meeting.. he'll be in almost all of our classes, remember?" She asked.

"Oh yeahhhh!" Kinkajou said, her scales going ever to slightly slower.

"Shut the frick up" Carnelian growled from her ledge that housed nothing besides a few scrolls, a bottle of ink, and a stick of wax that was half melted from her flames.

"Carneeeeeliannn!" Kinkajou whined, her colors tinted with red as she flicked her tail annoyedly.

"I said shut up!" She raged, getting up and stomping out of their room with the scroll for their class, which was an hour from now.

Wow! Maybe we should make friends with her, that'd be fun! But if we're flying she'd be wayyyy ahead of us, and maybe she'll stay and grouchy, then that wouldn't be fun!

Kinkajou's thoughts raged on, and Moon had a hard time tuning out her thoughts like she'd learned to do.

Her mother, Secretkeeper, had spent a bit of time just being with Moon before she went to school, letting her test out things to block dragon's thoughts.

Moon always thought that reading other dragons thoughts was nosy and rude, but now that she was at Jade Mountain... Maybe that could come in handy.

She could read her teachers minds for answers, know every rumor going around, and many many more.

So, she embraced her powers.

She even learned that there was a.. tension, to say the least, between the dragons Winter and Qibli.

She wanted Qibli, not the other one.

So, someone had to do something about it, and obviously the SeaWing Turtle wouldn't, he's the one that dared them to tie themselves together in hopes they'd grow closer.

But of course Moon couldn't, and wouldn't, let that happen.

Winter:

His chest hurt as he and Qibli figured out a somewhat sane way of walking with their arms tied, and Winter was panting by the time they were nearly at the medical cave.

The medicine that Winter had to drink twice a day for a week was gone in their cave, and they weren't supposed to get more of the herbs for it for three days, and the effects of it were still working on him, and it'd only get worse from here.

The reason they came, though, was because they had a grosser and less effective medicine, but it would do it's job until the better one came in.

Qibli had ranted for thirty minutes about medicines, herbs, etc. So, now they only had fifteen minutes here before they had to run as fast as their tied legs would take them.

"Are we- hah- are we there yet?" Winter panted, his chest hurting worse than it had only five minutes ago.

"Yep! Just another minute!" Qibli replied, seemingly full of a lot more energy.