• 52

『 LOYALTY 』{ irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

"i was wondering where you guys went," nick says harshly. "then i open instagram to see that you guys ran away to have fun without me!"

the moment chris and mae walked into the house, they were bombarded with questions and accusations. mainly by nick.

"sorry, sorry!" mae apologizes, putting her hands up in front of her.

"do you know how many questions i got?" nick asks. "everyone was wondering where you were! we want to give you our presents."

"are you all gonna gather in a circle around me?" mae asks sarcastically, knowing that's what everyone does at children birthday parties. "will you all awkwardly sing the happy-birthday song?"

"if you keep running off, i will." nick threatens. "now wait here while i go get cora and lai. they're on the porch probably making out."

nick walks off and exits the room, opening the sliding door that leads to the back porch. he screams at them to come inside and watch mae open presents.

"are we going to tell them?" chris asks mae, resting his chin on her shoulder from behind.

"what? that we're now a cringey couple?" mae says with a laugh.

he grins, "cringey? i'm offended."

"any couple that is bad with PDA is considered cringey." mae says matter-of-factly.

"oh," chris says as he removes his chin from his shoulder and takes a few steps away. he gives her a fake pout, "i see how it is."

"what?" mae laughs. "don't be like that!"

she walks over to him and he takes a few steps back, both of them laughing. a few people around them watch their playful banter.

suddenly, nick comes back with cora and lorelai walking awkwardly behind him.

their cheeks are red and they're avoiding eye contact with each other. mae raises a brow, confused. she can tell something happened between them but can't put the pieces together and figure out what it was.

"i'll be right back with the gifts!" nick announces to the group before walking off to the table.

honestly, he seems more invested in all of this than mae is.

kent rushes over to nick's side and offers to help him with the bags and boxes. nick accepts his offer, a tinge of blush tinting both of their cheeks.