• 33

『 LOYALTY 』{ messages , irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ messages , irl }

unknown user
hey this is cora right??

cora
excuse me
who tf is this

unknown user
it's alice

cora
oh.
hang on a min im blocking you

al*ce
WAIT

cora
bitch don't yell at me

al*ce
sorry
i'm sorry

cora
you better be

al*ce
will you at least hear me out?

cora
you have three minutes to explain
after your time is up, i'm deleting your number
for good

al*ce
okay thank you

cora
two minutes

al*ce
what? why'd it go down?

cora
for my own entertainment :)

al*ce
ugh

cora
one minute.

al*ce
okay okay! fine
so, basically i miss you guys. i miss our friendship and i know that i'll never be able to make it up to you guys (especially mae). but i want to try and at least let y'all know that i'm sorry

cora
we may have been able to forgive you for being a selfish bitch when you were caught cheating with your sister's boyfriend.
MAYBE.
but you ruined your (slim) chances after the shit you pulled with jeff. he's a fucking dog, alice. i don't even understand why you had to bring an animal into your bullshit. especially knowing how important he is to all of us. mainly mae.
and then you tried to hit on chris just to get at mae again. so no, you're not forgiven and you most likely never will be.
also you have 30 seconds left.

al*ce
while we're on the topic of chris and mae, are they actually dating? because chris told me that they're together but then he posted a pic with some other girl

cora
that's not a question i'm suited to answer
so you should either ask mae or chris about that

al*ce
okay!

cora
oh wait you can't ask them because they both blocked you lol

al*ce
actually i can ask mae tomorrow
because it's out dad's birthday and the entire family is getting together and throwing a party at his house

cora
oh
anyway, your time is up sooo

cora blocked al*ce

"it's your dad's birthday tomorrow?" cora calls out from her place on the couch.

"what?" mae responds as she walks out of the kitchen with a big bowl of candy and snacks for the duo to eat while watching shrek — which is already set up on the TV, waiting for cora to push play.

"i was texting alice and-"

"alice?" mae interrupts, stopping in her tracks as soon as she hears her sisters name. "why were you talking to alice? did she do something to you? are you okay?"

"what? of course i am." cora says, quick to reassure her friend. "she texted me to ask if we could be friends again."

"what'd you say?"

cora chuckles. "no, obviously."

"if you want to be her friend again, you can." mae says, quickly trying to get her words out before she loses her train of thought. "i don't want to be super controlling or anything- i mean, it's your choice. and- not to mention, you guys have been friends longer than you and i have. and also—"

"mae."cora says softly, getting mae to stop spiraling.

cora has noticed a pattern that mae follows. it started when she found out about alice and rian.

basically, whenever she feels like she's going to lose someone important to her, she gets freaks out and her mind goes into fight-or-flight mode.

this is what happened when chris started acting weird and distant; and it's what's happening now — because she thinks cora is going to abandon her for alice.

"i'm not gonna leave you." cora says, standing up from the couch and walking over to mae. she grabs the bowl from her hands and places it on a nearby table. "i'm here to stay, maeve. i promise."

the moment mae hears those words fall from cora's lips, she feels like the entire world is pushing down on her chest.

tears begin to prick her eyes and her breath quickens.

"fuck," she mumbles, wiping her eyes. trying her hardest not to start sobbing, she looks up at cora and says, "that means a lot. thank you."

cora hasn't seen mae cry in years. she's always been very emotionally strong. that or she's really good at hiding her feelings.

so the sight of her friend nearly crying in front of her crushes her heart.

cora engulfs mae into a tight hug. she squeezes her and mae feels like her ribs are going to break.

"it's okay to cry, it's normal." cora whispers into her ear. "you've been bottling it all up for months. if you need to cry, i won't judge you."

that's mae's breaking point.

the tears she's been so desperately trying to conceal are not streaming down her cheeks, wetting the sleeve of cora's shirt.

she needed this. she really needed this.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧.˚ₓ
a/n:
found family > actual family