• 30

『 LOYALTY 』{ irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

"i have to go." chris says to coraline, not hesitating to shove his phone into his pocket and grab his things.

"uh what?" she says, crossing her arms over her chest.

they had just finished a movie — which she claimed was her favorite movie. but chris honestly thought it was trash. the plot was horrible, the characters were underdeveloped, and the acting was intolerable. but he suffered through it anyway.

"i said i have to leave," chris says again, beginning to get irritated.

"why?"

does it matter? he wants to snap at her.

"my brothers just texted me and they said that i need to get home as quickly as possible." chris lies, while slipping on his shoes and heading to the front door.

before he can reach the door, coraline grabs him by the wrist and tugs him back into the house. she looks at him, clearly annoyed with him wanting to leave.

"tell them you're busy." coraline demands. "honestly, they're probably only telling you to go home because they hate me."

i wonder why.

"they don't hate you." chris says, yanking his wrist out of her hand and turning around to walk out of her house.

again, she stops him.

coraline places both of her hands on each of his shoulders and forces him to turn around and face her. then, she stands on her tip-toes and tilts her head up to his.

before chris can do or say anything, coraline presses her lips to his.

the kiss is sloppy and rushed. like she doesn't care about the kiss or him. she just wants to be able to say that she kissed chris sturniolo.

chris grabs her waist and shoved her off of him, "i don't like you like that."

"why?" she asks, wiping her lips. "is it because of that girl? maeve hart?"

chris doesn't answer her.

"it is, isn't it?" coraline scoffs, rolling her eyes at his silence. "everyone keeps saying that you two were super close. and that you like each other. and that she's better than me. is that true?"

again, chris ignores her.

"answer me!" she shouts at him.

"coraline, i have to leave." chris snaps, turning on his heel and exiting the house without letting her get another word out of her mouth.

when chris arrives at his own house, he has a bag in one of his hands and he's wearing the same clothes he left with two days ago.

for some reason, he's scared to knock on the door. is it because of matt? or nick? or mae?

chris sighs, running his free hand through his hair before lifting it to the door and knocking. his heart speeds up as he hears someone's footsteps approach the front door.

he's scared that mae will be the one to open it. god, that'd be so awkward. especially after what happened in the group chat. he's also been ignoring her for the past few days while he was at coraline's house.

the door opens and behind it stands nick. chris doesn't know if he should be relieved or not, but he lets out a heavy breath.

"why are you back?" nick asks, genuinely. he holds the door out for chris to walk through.

chris slips off his shoes, "where's mae?"

"she's in my room — you really upset her." nick states, scowling at chris. "you know damn well how she feels about secrets. especially after what happened with alice and rian."

"i already feel like shit, nick. you're making me feel even worse."

"good."

chris rolls his eyes. but he knows he deserves it. yeah, it was all a huge misunderstanding but he never meant for mae to get hurt from his own stupid feelings.

but she did. and now it's his responsibility it go find her and fix what he's done.

chris leaves nick without another word and walks to his brother's room. the room where mae should be hiding.

he knocks twice on the door, "can i come in?"

"no." mae's words are muffled as they sound through the thick door. even though she's angry at him, the sound of her voice never fails to make him smile.

"pretty please?" chris begs. "i'm sorry for keeping that secret from you. i promise that i'll tell you everything if you let me in."

mae doesn't respond but chris can hear shuffling from inside nick's bedroom. then, the door opens she stands in the doorway, not letting him through.

mae looks anywhere but at chris' face. she knows that if she looks him in the eye, she'll forgive him. simply by how much she loves his eyes. not in that way, though. she loves them like a friend would love another friends eyes.

chris smiles at the sight of her. everything about her is perfect. the sweatpants covering her legs. the large hoodie she's wearing — with the hood up over her hair. and even the glare on her face. it's all perfect to him.

"i missed you," chris whispers to her. "coraline is a literal bitch."

still, mae doesn't dare to look up at him. instead, she stares at the floor. "why'd you stay at her house if she's a bitch?"

"can i come in?" chris asks her, noticing that he's still standing outside of nick's room. "i'll answer your questions if you let me in."

"all of them?"

"some of them."

mae scoffs and begins to shut the door on him. chris puts his shoe in between the door and the doorway, not letting her close it.

"fine," chris says, "most of them."

with that, mae opens the door fully and allows him to walk inside.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧.˚ₓ
a/n:
who's coraline? idk her