• 07

『 LOYALTY 』{ irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

mae slowly removes chris' hands from her eyes and stares at her sister and her boyfriend in utter shock.

alice notices in the corner of her eye that he sister is home. she shoves rian off of her and gasps.

"why are you two home so early?" alice asks, frantically trying to change the subject. "you aren't supposed to be back for another half hour."

mae opens her mouth to respond but nothing comes out. she just stands there with her jaw hanging loose, unable to even yell at either of them.

"it was raining." chris says for her, taking a few steps forward so he's standing in front of mae.

"oh? is it really?" alice says, looking out of the window. she notices the pouring rain and chuckles nervously. "i didn't notice."

"i wonder why." chris says, getting defensive.

rian scoffs at chris. he's still sitting on the couch, leaning back against the cushion. just listening. as if half of this isn't his fault.

chris opens his mouth to say something to him but rian speaks up first.

"i may seem like the one in the wrong right now, but honestly? who in their right mind would ever choose maeve over alice?" rian says, pulling out his phone and aimlessly scrolling through instagram like none of this even phases him. "i simply chose the obvious choice. the hotter one."

alice blushes at his words, trying to cover her smile with her hand.

chris clenches his jaw. he may not have known mae for very long, but he knows damn well that she does not deserve this. nobody does, in all honesty.

to be betrayed by your own twin? your own flesh and blood? that's horrible. but not to mention the fact that mae and alice are extremely close. they're each other's best friends. they tell each other everything.

and all of that was suddenly destroyed when alice stabbed mae in the back.

chris then hears a small sniffle. he looks back and sees mae standing behind him with tears in her eyes, threatening to fall.

"how pathetic." rian taunts.

mae glares at him, only able to utter out two words. "fuck you."

with that, she leaves all three of them and walks upstairs to her bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

alice frowns, sadly. but that sadness doesn't last long before she sits back down on the couch beside rian. she pouts and cuddles up into his arms as he comforts her. he tells her that it isn't her fault and that mae will get over it and they'll all eventually be friends again.