season 2 | chapter 21 (iii)

A / N

A / N

Hi friends!!!

I can't describe to you how THRILLED I AM to finally share with you one of the ACTION CHAPTERS you highly anticipated in this arc.

It all comes down to THIS and the FOURTH PART of chapter 21.

Please do let me know your thoughts on this chapter. It's one of my favorites, and I worked so hard on it. I'd appreciate a vote and a comment if you enjoyed it.

Happy reading my darlings and thank you for staying with me throughout this wild ride.

Ps. For more reference about the fairy form mentioned below, do check the 8th chapter of the 2nd season.

Much love,
Pavlina x.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chapter 40 | Part 3

ENTERING THE BATTLEFIED was the epitome of their courage.

Surpassing their mental and physical limits was a truth they'd accepted a long time ago, when they became students of the prestigious Goldstream academy. The time would arrive at one point, however how soon wasn't theirs to know.

Until now.

The Shadows lurked in the corners of the ruins of the buildings the fire had swallowed. Their primary goal was to secure the element of surprise on the defenders. They took advantage of their shrouded mode which worked as a cloak of darkness that helped them move, fly and attack faster. They needed to keep Selene's newcomers under their control. They had the opportunity to study them closer due to an inner source of great intel. Those kids could wield a remarkable amount of power despite the vulnerability the young of their age.

As long as they prevented them from reaching the palace to aid the Goddess of the Moon, their superiors would be highly pleased. They had to get the work done with precision and accuracy. Forging an invasion to conquer the Capital and expand their territory to the entirety of the Sky Kingdom was a decade-long plan, one they couldn't afford to make mistakes.

One of the men covered by the cloak of agility enabled his shadow form and ventured an attack on the three friends providing a barrier of defence in the middle.

Hilary's reflexes were trained enough to deflect the spell just in time.  She was swift on her feet and brought her hands forth to complete the cast. "Prism barrier!"

"Nice one Hil," Max told her from behind her. Her back was touching his and Tyson's, her eyes frantic as she scanned the area across her and above her for the location of the enemy fleet. There were a few citizens around them who tried to help with their minimum magic they possessed. It was a gesture from their part that shook Hilary's core. Those people loved their city and were willing to go through great lengths for its safety.