The Calix Animi

(as the title is shown "An Ominous Stroll" plays)

Cuphead and Mugman burst into the cottage and locked the door behind them. They were covered in little scratches and rip's in their clothes.

"Where the hell'd those dogs even come from!" Cuphead complained, "they just jumped out of nowhere and started attacking us!"

"I'm just glad we got out'a there alive," Mugman said, flopping onto the couch.

"I wish we had more power," Cuphead said, "like super strength or something, so we fight back against all of the things constantly trying to kill us."

(he just forgot about the Peashooter Talisman)

*knock*knock*knock*

"AAAAAAAG" Mugman and Cuphead screamed, hugging each other in fear, "it's the dogs!"

"Relax, ding dongs, it's me," Chalice said peeking through the keyhole, "now lemme in, i've got something to show you boys."

Cuphead walked up to the door, unlocked it and Chalice stepped inside.

"How'd you get rid of the dogs?" Mugman asked

"I didn't," Chalice said, pointing to outside, where there were three large dogs and the goat-from-the-front-yard, happily playing and chewing on a massive bone

Chalice walked over to a table and dropped a book loudly onto the table. She then flipped through the pages until she found the one she wanted.

On the page was the title "the clan of the living cups" and below it was the coat of arms that looked like this 🔽

Mugman began to read the text written in the book

"The living cups were an ancient clan of anthropomorphic tableware. They were a powerful race known to possess many treasures. The greatest of which is the holy grail."

"Anthropomorphic tableware," Chuphead said, "that means us, right?"

"Well, I hope so," Chalice Answed, "would you look at this!"

Chalice pointed to some more text and Mugman read it.

"The holy grail is known to possess great power and strength. It can be found in the sacred catacombs of the living cups that can be found in the Inkwell isles"

"Power and strength!" Cuphead exclaimed excitedly, "Mugman, do you know what this means! If we have great power and strength, then nothing can hurt us. We could beat the devil once and for all. This is great!"

"Looks like those baking lessons were for nothing," Mugman said, "let's go

***

The three cups were wandering through the woods. Mugman was reading a map that was in the book and was following the directions to the catacombs.