Tricked and Treated

The devil sat dejectedly on his throne, biting his nails from stress.

"Hiya boss," Henchman yelled, strolling into the throne room, "it's that time of year again."

Henchman pulled a zombie mask from his pocket and put it on.

"Happy Halloween!"

"NO!" the devil shouted, grabbing his pitchfork and blasting the goofy mask right off Henchman's face, "No Halloween."

"Aw come one boss," Henchman said ,"why don't you like halloween, all the mortals up their all go outside and celebrate the forces of evil!"

"Is that really what you think?" the devil questioned, "you really think those silly little costumes and those silly little decorations and giving the little kiddies candy is meant to be a tribute? CAN'T YOU SEE THEY'RE JUST MOCKING ME!!!!"

"Jeez boss, I've never looked at it that way." Henchman replied.

"Well why not?" the devil asked angrily, "look into my eyes! Are these the eyes of the kind of person who likes to watch acts of generosity, fun and happiness. Are these the eyes of the kind of person who wants to be memorialised by CANDY ADVERTS AND STUPID GOOFY CARDBOARD CUTOUTS!"

"Well... um... actually, yo...

"SILENCE!!!!" the devil screamed ,"i shall no longer take this kind of disrespect. Luckily i have hatched a brilliant plan."

The devil snapped his fingers and a classroom blackboard dropped down from the ceiling along with a piece of chalk. Then the devil explained his plan using the blackboard to draw visual aids.

"I will commandeer a house and infest it with the scariest ghouls I can get my hands on. Then when the little kiddies come up for their candy, we'll scare them silly and then take their candy. Any questions?"

Henchman applauded.

"Now, time to execute."

***

In some random house, on some random street, a small family was readying for halloween.

"Remember timmy," said the mother, "look both ways before crossing the street."

"Yes mum," said the child.

Suddenly, in a puff of smoke the devil appeared in the middle of the room. Just before they were all about to scream, the devil spoke first.

"Yes yes, I know, I'm the devil. Now out."

Using his pitchfork he nudged the family out the door and then shut it in their faces.

"Well that's that sorted," he said ,"now, I just need to haunt this place."

The devil teleported onto the roof and placed down a sign that read free candy for ghosts that haunt this place!! . Within a second the devil was surrounded by ghosts, all drooling at the mouth.

"Perfect," the devil remarked, pulling a jar of sherbet lemons out of his pocket and tossing it on the floor, "now get to haunting!"

***

Cuphead Mugman and Chalice all burst out of the cottage's doors all wearing halloween costumes. Cuphead was dressed as the devil, with little red horns and a garden pitchfork. Chalice was in her newly recovered ghost form and also underneath a white sheet with eye holes cut out, going as a monster she called the "double ghost". Mugman was going as a fairy godmother with glittery wings on his back and an outfit to match.

"This is going to be the biggest haul of candy yet!" exclaimed Cuphead, "you finished with that plan yet mugsy?"

"Yup," Mugman replied ,"I have plotted out the optimal route for candy collection as well as a few tips to get maximum candy."