Paradise Lost

(as the title card is shown "Inkwell isle 3" plays in the background)

It was a dreary day on the inkwell isles. There was a light drizzle of rain and the sun was nowhere to be seen.

The devil slowly trudged through the streets of inkwell city, hunched over to try and conserve heat. He looked down at his stomach that was beginning to growl and walked on through the town.

He looked up and saw that there was a small bakery just up the road. The devil sniffed and caught the scent of something delicious. He started to clumsily follow the trail as if hypnotised. The devil walked inside the bakery and caught sight of a large sausage roll.

The Bakery was lit by a few incandescent bulbs And had a rustic look to it. The sausage roll was inside of a patisserie display case, which was heated by more incandescent bulbs. The devil walked over to the sausage roll, drool dripping from his mouth.

Just as the devil was about to grab the sausage roll his hand was slapped away. The devil looked up to see the owner of the bakery. He was a salt shaker, with a transparent blue body that was filled with salt and wearing a metal chef hat with holes in the top for shaking salt out of .

"And just WHAT do you think you're doing mister!" he shouted.

"Oh," the devil said, "I was just going to eat that sausage roll."

"Well," the baker said, "are you gonna pay for it?"

"No," the devil replied," I'm the devil! I don't need to pay for snacks."

The devil grabbed for the sausage roll again but his hand was slapped away.

The devil growled and pulled out his spoon from his pocket. (that where he stores his spoon when it is not in use)

"You dare deprive me of my num-nums!" the devil cried and he raised his spoon over his head and swung downwards. The baker however simply grabbed the spoon, yanked it out of the devil's grip and picked up the devil by the collar (the devil doesn't have a collar so he was just grabbed in that area of his neck) .

The devil was pulled up to the baker's face and glared at.

"Don't you get all high and mighty on me!" the baker said, "if you want that sausage roll. You are going to pay for it."

"But, I don't have any money." the devil said.

"Well you're going to have to work for it then," he said as he put the devil down and handed him back his spoon, "i'm chef Saltbaker and you are the newest employe of Saltbaker's bakery."

Chef Saltbaker grabbed a chef's hat from under the counter and plonked it on the devil's head.

" Your first job is to make a simple lemon tart. There is a recipe in the back. I'm off to buy some bread," Saltbaker said as he walked out the door.