Hostile Airspace

Mugman casually strolled out the cottage. He was wearing his bathing suit and sunglasses and was holding a deck chair. He propped up the deck chair and then jumped into it, lounging backwards and soaking up the sun.

"What the hack are you doing Mugsy?" Cuphead asked, poking his head out the window, "it's November! Why are you sunbathing!"

Mugamn sat up ,raised his sunglasses and turned to look at his brother.

"Well excuse me for trying to relax. This is the best sun we've had in weeks, i'm not just gonna let it go to waste"

"It's like four degrees out there!" he exclaimed, already shivering from the cool air, "face it mugsy, the season's over."

"Pfft, nonsense! why would I waste this perfectly good su..."

At that moment something eclipsed the sun. The cups looked up and saw a huge silhouetted spheroid in the sky. The thing opened its mouth and cackled an echoing laugh that permeated throughout the inkwell isles.

From behind that ominous form a small aircraft appeared. It was a biplane that was trailing smoke and declining rapidly. The cups watched as the thing spiralled down through the air in chaotic circles.

The brothers watched it, slightly mesmerised but slightly too late did they realise that the plane was set to crash right on their lawn. Mugamn frantically grabbed his brother by the collar and jumped down the well with him.

The plane crashed into the lawn, blowing the cottage windows to smithereens and leaving dark soot on everything in the area. Within milliseconds Elder kettle appeared at the door, steaming from annoyance and wearing his pyjamas.

"WHAT'S ALL THIS NOISE!!!" he exclaimed.

His eyes were immediately drawn to the smoking wreck in the middle of the lawn.

"What the..."

He walked over to the smoking heap and poked it with a stick.

"Ow!"

Elder kettle took a step back. From the rubble clambered a very sooty pilot. He was an anthropomorphic flask/canteen wearing aviator goggles and looked around Elder kettle's age.

(looks like this just older, i may draw him at some point but i don't have time rn.)

"Flask?" Kettle exclaimed ,"what are you doing here!?"

Cuphead and Mugman pulled themselves out the well and stared at the new arrival.

"Kettle!" The flask man said ,"I haven't seen you in ages, i'm a little tied up right now."

"Hey! Who are you?" cuphead asked walking over to the crash site

"Oh, boys! This is your Great Uncle Flask," he explained.

"Hi kiddos!" he said ,"just got to tie up some loose ends quickly."