The Christmas Crisis

Cuphead and Mugman were lounging in the living room. Cuphead was fiddling with the strange amulet that he had gotten from the treasure chest a while back. He had taken to wearing it around his neck because Mugman thought it looked ghastly and Chalice liked it meaning it had firmly earned its place around his neck, though the strange closed-eye motif at the front got him some strange looks on the street.

"Uhg," Cuphead complained "there's nothing to do around here!"

"For once I'm with you," Mugman agreed ,"it's too cold to go out, it's boring in here and I'm finally out of books to read."

"I guess we'll just have to roll about on the floor until christmas where we can get new toys," Cuphead stated ,"i wish we had something to do."

Suddenly Elder Kettle burst into the room.

"Well, do I have the job for you!"

The cups groaned.

"We're bored, but not bored enough to do something productive," Cuphead explained.

"Well too bad," Kettle replied ,"because we need a christmas tree,"

"Can't we just use last year's one, it won't look any different," Cuphead pleaded.

"Nope," Kettle said joyously, "we're getting a new one, and this time were not giving a penny to that kniving Porkrind. You must find an alternative source and put that pig out of business."

"Idontwanna!" "Cuphead groaned, rolling over onto his stomach

"Well that's no problem of mine!"

Eldar kettle kicked the two brothers out the door along with their coats and ten bucks.

"And don't come back until you've finished the job!" he yelled then slammed the door.

"Boy, what a grouch," Cuphead remarked ,"I guess we have to go find a tree now."

Mugman walked over to the shed and grabbed the axe. He tested the point with his finger but it was unbelievably blunt.

"I don't think this will work," Mugman said ," this thing is duller than a hammer."

"Nonsense!"

Cuphead took the axe from Mugman and swung it full force at the nearest tree. On impact, the head of the axe broke right off , showering the cups with splinters and sending the axehead flying through the air and right through the cottage window.

**SMASH**

Mugman grabbed Cuphead by the wrist and dragged him along the path, hurrying away from the cottage and it's soon to be livid kettle

***

Cuphead and Mugman wandered along the path, looking about for anyplace to buy a tree.

"Hey look!" Cuphead exclaimed, "i see Porkrind's stall."

Mugman looked over and , sure enough,Porkrind was standing outside his trailer selling trees by the dozen. He gave a family of pigs a voluptuous tree and got another 10 buck note to add to the stack in his hand. He held the bills up to his nose and took a good sniff of his greenbacks.

"Hey porkrind!" Cuphead shouted ,"we're not going to buy our christmas tree from you this year, HAH!"

"Oh no!" said Porkrind sarcastically," whatever will i do? It's not like I have hundreds of loyal customers who will buy my goods any way. Oh! I guess i'll go and become one with the poverty"

Porkrind waved the cups away with his stack of wonga

"Now away with you, I have people to scam!"

The two brothers walked away, Cuphead thoroughly proud of himself for that incredibly artful and effective insult towards Porkrind.