The Ending Of The Beginning

It stopped. 

It just stopped. 

She leaned forward and pressed the rewind button. She pressed play. "Because we were all stubborn idiots." It stopped again. 

"No," she denied. "No, no there has to be more." She hit the player he stole from Chiron's apartment. "Come on. There-there has to be. That can't be it." 

"Wait," he said. He grabbed her wrist and she glared at him so harshly he remembered why he had been afraid of her when they were younger. 

"For what?" She demanded. "This- this tape was supposed to have the answers to what I saw. And now I got nothing." She picked up the dictionary that was hiding the tape and threw it at the wall. 

He regarded the tape in the player. He had never heard of a casette tape before she told him what it was. The oldest thing he had was his brother's Ipod or his mom's old CDs... 

He pressed the eject button and the port opened up. He turned it around and pushed it back in. 

"What are you doing?" she asked. 

"My mom has a bunch of old CDs that she used to listen to when my dad was around," he explained. "They have a bunch of old songs on them. When I was little I asked her how they held so much music. She said that some of them were two sided, just like the cassettes she used to have." 

He pressed play and it started going. 

Her voice came from the speakers of the player, "Okay, I'll be honest, I didn't think I would run out of room on the one side of the cassette." He hit pause. 

He looked up at her and she stared at him in shock. She reached over and hugged him. "Thank you," she whispered. 

"I know how important this is to you," he replied. "You ready to keep going?" 

She nodded. He pressed play. 

"This part, I will be getting into what you have waited for," Elizabeth continued. "But I do have to warn you, this will be darker and more dangerous than the first part. So if you wanna stop do it now." 

He looked over at her to check. She shook her head. 

"Okay, if you're still listening then I guess that means that you're not leaving. So here we go. Hope you're ready. 'Cause it's about to get crazy.

And that's the end. 

I want to say thank you to everyone who stayed this long, who has read this through with my crazy inconsistent updating schedule. Thank you to all those who commented, voted, or just simply read it and followed Liz through her journey. It really means a lot. Thank you.

Hopefully I'll see you in the next book. It's called Bronze Gold Shadow. It'll be up on my profile by the end of the month. Until next time demigods.