The Council

I dreamed of rust coloured eyes and bronze knives. I was forced to stay there and see it all again. I didn't want to see it. I didn't want to see this. Anything but this.

Anything but this. Please.

I was rewarded by a golden light. At first, I thought it was part of the dream, but then the gold was brighter and burned my eyes. I forced my eyelids open to see a man of gold above me. I blinked again, trying to get my bearings.

He wasn't a golden man. He just had golden hair and a golden tan. For a moment I thought it was Will Solace. But the man in front of me had a sort of agelessness to him, like he had lived a thousand years and still looked this good. I blinked again. He looked mid twenties with bright blue eyes the same colour as the sky.

"And she wakes," the man said. "I told I was awesome."

I blinked again and looked around. I was in a white tent that had one cot (that I was lying on) and a a few boxes of medical supplies. I looked for the person the man was talking to and saw them in the corner. It was a boy with Italian skin, long black hair that fell in his dark eyes. He wore an aviator's jacket with a skull t-shirt underneath and black jeans. A black sword hung on his belt. There were bags under his eyes.

"I didn't say that," the boy said. "Just that there was a lot of venom in her system."

I reached a hand up and touched my shoulder. It was bandaged, heavily. I used my good hand and sat myself up. "Water?" I croaked.

The boy handed me a glass. It wasn't water, instead a golden liquid that had no smell. I looked at him confused but he just gestured for me to drink. I did. It tasted like hot chocolate with little marshmallows, the drink Jordan made me to cheer me up.

I relaxed as the drink slid down my throat.

"Nectar," the man told me. "Even with my awesome healing abilities, we had to wait until you were awake to give you some."

"Who are you two?" I asked. "Where am I? Where's my bow?"

"Nico di Angelo," the boy said. "Son of Hades."

"And I," the man said as he placed a hand on his chest. "Am the most wonderous Apollo, god of medicine, archery, prophecies-"

"You're Will's dad," I said. "Okay, now, where am I?"

"You're on Olympus," Nico told me. "We had to move the injured up here after the battle."

I set the empty glass now on the nearest box. "The battle... it's really over?"

Nico nodded. "It's over. The Titan army is defeated. The battle is over."

I relaxed even more. I felt tears of relief fall from the corners of my eyes. I ran my hands over my face and looked down at myself. I was wounded in a million places. Someone had take my armour off and threw it in the corner. I could feel the knife poke at my leg in my pocket. I didn't wanna take it out till I was alone. It was still covered in blood. Even if the battle was over like Nico said, it left scars.

The battle is over.

I looked up again. "Last question. Where's my bow?"

"Under the cot," Apollo told me. "I must say, it is an incredible piece of craftsmanship. I mean, not a good as my bow of course but-"

He was cut off because someone walked into the tent. It was a woman, dressed in full golden battle armour with a white chiton underneath. She held a spear that was bigger then I was. Depicted on her helmet was the image of sphinxes and gryphons, both I had seen in my Greek class. I could see her eyes even with the helmet on. They were the same colour I saw every time I looked in a mirror.