Chapter 9 - Rᴜʟᴇs Aɴᴅ Sᴜsᴘᴇᴄᴛs

Celia and Chad were laying in bed when the couple heard the door unlock before Sierra walked in the room with her bag making the couple sit up "Sorry just me" Sierra said putting her bag down "Mindy is hosting a suspect meeting thing for everyone" She said laying down closing her eyes "Okay thanks Sie" Celia said standing up walking towards the shower as Chad fell back asleep. Celia walked into the bathroom and carefully pulled off her bandage revealing her wound before she got in the shower wincing at the pain.

    Celia changed in the bathroom and put her hair into a low ponytail rewrapping her wound with the bandage the paramedic gave her before the door opened revealing Chad "Hey Cels" Chad said rubbing his eyes "Morning sleepy head" Celia said laughing as she wrapped her wound up "Get ready, your sister is holding a suspect meeting" She said kissing his cheek before the couple walked out of the room before Chad left to get ready "Sie, you gotta wake up" Celia said throwing her pillow at the sleeping girl "I'm up, give me 10 minutes" Sierra said standing up grabbing her clothes and walking into the bathroom.

    Celia and Sierra walked out of their dorm together knocking on Chad and Ethan's dorm to be opened by Ethan "He's showering" Ethan said as the girls walked into the room Celia sitting on Chads bed while Sierra and Ethan sat on his bed as Sierra and Ethan talked Celia sat on her phone scrolling through Twitter seeing all the rumours going around about her and Sam before the shower turned off and Chad opened the door 5 minutes later "You ready?" Chad asked as Celia took one last look at the comments before shutting her phone off placing it in her bag before standing up after Ethan and Sierra walking towards where Mindy told everyone to meet.

    "Okay nerds! Listen up! As terrifying as it is I'm actually glad I get another chance at redeeming myself from not calling it last time" Mindy said as she clapped her hands together as Celia and Chad just looked at the girl trying not to laugh "Okay, the way I see it is someone is trying to make a sequel to the requel" The Martin girl continued before Anika put her hand up "What's a requel?" Anika asked as Celia just looked at her "Anika, babe your beautiful but leave the questions for last" Mindy said to her girlfriend "Stab 1 took place in Woodsboro" Sam said "Stab 2 took place in College" Tara said finishing off her sisters sentence as Chad felt Celia tense up from the name "So do we think the killer is trying to copy the movies?" Celia said as Mindy looked at the girl "That's a possibility, heroes in College, check. New characters brought in to increase the suspect list or body count, check, check and check" Mindy said as the new characters looked at each other "I don't like this" Sierra said adjusting her position "If you survive this will be your new normal" Celia whispered to her roomie who nodded "But it can't just be about Stab 2. It would make sense if this were just a sequel but we're not in a sequel. Because nobody just makes sequels, we're in a franchise" Mindy said waving her arms about "Great" Celia said clapping her hands before dropping them and her facial expressions "Thanks for the sarcastic outbreak Cels. Back to what I was saying, there are certain rules to surviving a continuing franchise" Mindy said sarcastically smiling at Celia "I had a feeling" Sam said as she sighed.

     "Rule 1, everything is bigger than last time! Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger body count, shootouts, beheadings-" Mindy was cut off by her brother "Beheadings?" He asked as Celia leaned down to see what he was writing "Oohh notes" Celia reading them as Chad gave her a glare "Sorry grumpy" Celia said gaining a laugh from Sierra "Beheadings! Rule 2, whatever happened last time, expect the opposite. If the killers last time were whiny snowflake nerds with letterbox accounts instead of personalities, you can bet the opposite will be true here" Mindy said mocking her brother as Ethan and Sierra rolled their eyes obviously bored "And rule 3! No one is safe! Legacy characters, can't even at this point! Usually brought back just to be killed for some nostalgia, so it's not looking too good for Gale and Kirby" Mindy said as Celia shot up at the mention of her mother and someone she saw as an older sister "They'll survive they always do" Celia reminded the group as Chad put his hand on Celia's thigh for some sort of comfort "But that's not even the worst part" The Martin girl continued "This is where you tell us the worst part?" Chad said as Celia started playing with her fingers "Franchises are just repeating episodic installments to boost IP. Which means, the main characters are completely expandable now too, I mean so many characters have died so more could live on" Mindy said bringing back memories of Dewey dying in front of her "That means it's not just the friend group, any of us could go at anytime, especially Celia, Sam and Tara" Mindy said making the three girls sit up as they're names were mentioned as Celia was about to say something when Ethan started talking "Wait anyone? Am I apart of the friend group?" He asked "Am I one of targets? Am I gonna die a virgin?" Ethan asked as he started panicking while the group just looked at him and started laughing when Celia whispered in Chad's ear "Not if Sierra can fix that in time" When she said that Chad started laughing harder as Celia just laughed at him.