Angry Little Horcrux

All HP characters belong to J.K Rowling
_____________________________

There are 2 things that Barty Crouch Jr. noticed from his master these past days, despite being as stoic and as strict as usual.

The first one, is how he seems to always lost in his thoughts. It happens quite frequently lately. He understood that being a dark lord gave him many things to think about and consider. However this time, he was so deep in thoughts that he didn't even notice the death eaters approaching him whenever they need to report something.

The second one, involved the unaware last Potter alive. He noticed how his eyes always moved to follow the girl whenever she was in the room. Barty had a suspicion that he did it unconsciously.

He also noticed how gentle his gaze became when he looked at her. His Lord always became more gentle everytime he was with Scilla. Tone full of fondness for the 15 years old. He noticed how his Lord cater to her every whim and let her do anything without ever once scolded her. Only flicking her forehead everytime Scilla tried to prank him.

This, while not so much as an unusual sight in the Malfoy Manor, has became too frequent for Barty to think that it's normal. It's not!!

His Lord couldn't refuse Scilla's request no matter how weird it was lately. Usually his Lord would stand his ground and not give in if her request is something absurd.

Even his beloved, Rabastan, noticed this weird things that's been going on. If even Rabastan noticed it, then he knew he wasn't seeing things. Let us take this moment as an example.

~~~~~

"Marvie, I hate you!!" Scilla suddenly came barging in and shouted at the stunned dark lord.

Barty, who happens to be in the dark Lord's office, glanced at her and his Lord warily. Wondering what happened this time. Honestly, if someone were to shout that to his Lord, they wouldn't even have any remains left.

Though when Barty looked at the Potter heir, he had to admit that puberty hit her hard. She has grown from the small child he met years ago, into a stunning and alluring beauty. Though she still act like a child, Barty thought bitterly.

"What did I do, now?" Marvolo sighed, putting down his papers and giving the girl his full attention.

Barty felt bitter when he saw that. His Lord didn't even glance at him when he asked him to rest! Now he's giving the angry child his full attention without any hesitation. Such favoritism.

"You went to hunt the wolf pack!"

"No I went to Find the pack. To make an agreement." Marvolo corrected the fuming girl.

"Exactly!! And you didn't tell me! And it was Greyback's pack. How could you?!!" Barty deadpan at her words.

"You don't hate him for killing your parents, but you hate him because he didn't bring you on an outing?" Barty deadpan.

"That's different!!"

Marvolo stood up and went to the fuming girl. Looking at her, he thought she looked like an angry kitten, baring her teeth and claws but not actually trying to hurt him.

How cute.

He gently patted her head, carding his hand through her silky black hair, trying to appease her anger. He glanced at the way she pouted her lips, wanting to capture it.

"Alright, alright. It was my fault. I should've told you beforehand. I'm planning on visiting the Vampire coven next week. Do you want to come with me?"

Barty's jaw dropped at the scene. Who was that and what they are doing with his Lord's face! That's definitely not his Lord. Did he get possessed?

"Don't want!" Scilla huffed angrily and turn around, running away from the stunned Dark Lord.