1st Memory : Elyra Scamander

All HP characters belong to J.K Rowling
_____________________________

"Lyra."

"Huh?" The curly brunette girl sleepily looked up and saw the familiar face of her brother leaning on the door frame.

"Oh. Hey, Newt."

The girl rubbed her tired eyes, sitting up on her armchair. Her mind is a bit fuzzy as she tried to remember what she was doing. She looked at the Magizoologist with confusion.

"You should head to bed. You're going to catch a cold if you sleep here." Newt offered a hand to his sister and help her up.

Lyra suddenly grabbed her brother's face, silently inspecting it, before pulling Newt into a tight hug, much to the Magizoologist confusion. Awkwardly patting her back, Newt wondered if his sister is alright.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm alright, sorry." Lyra pulled away. Even she wasn't sure why she suddenly had an urge to hug Newt.

"Go to bed, Fwooper." Newt lightly flicked her forehead.

Lyra punched Newt's arm, annoyed by the nicknames her brother always use to tease her. Huffing in annoyance, Lyra climb upstairs towards her room, while ignoring Newt's grumbling about her being too violent.

Flopping down on her bed, Lyra looked up at the ceiling. She wasn't sure what but she felt like she was forgetting something. Something important. What is it?

A kneazle jump up onto her bed and approach Lyra, nuzzling into her face as he could feel the girl's anxiety. Lyra hugged the gray kneazle, humming in thanks at her beloved companion.

This male gray kneazle was Newt's gift for her. He gave her the baby kneazle for her to raise when she was 12. Lyra immediately fell in love with the small fluff ball who looked up at her with intelligent eyes.

The kneazle meowed at the girl, placing a paw on her cheek as if comforting her. Lyra chuckled at the cat like creature. Kneazle are intelligent creature, the same goes for hers. He's always quick to notice her mood.

"I know, Jade. I'm just overthinking. I'm fine now." Lyra looked at the kneazle's green eyes, and slowly blinked.

Jade meowed as if replying. He licked her cheek before curling within her embrace and made himself comfortable. Lyra laughed and nuzzled her face into his thick furs.

"There's no use thinking about it. Let's just focus on tomorrow. It's rare enough for us to have a family gathering. Especially with Newt who never stays in one place." Lyra closed her eyes and drift off to sleep.

~~~~~

"Hey, Theseus." Lyra greeted her oldest brother.

It was rare indeed for their family to have a gathering like this. With Newt away on his adventure, researching many magical creature all over the world, and Theseus who is busy with his job within the ministry, Lyra rarely seen both of them in the same room as hers. She had to threaten Newt by almost burning his journal filled with his findings of magical creatures if he didn't come for the family gathering.

Theseus was easier to persuade, one pitiful look from Lyra and he usually caved. Theseus adores his sister, despite not being the closest brother to her compared to Newt. And besides, he'd rather not incur the wrath of his mother by not showing up.

"Good morning, Lyra." Theseus ruffled her brown locks fondly.

Lyra glanced at her other brother, sat on an armchair she fell asleep on last night, teasing the poor bowtruckle, Pickett. She tossed his journal at him, returning his treasured brown leather journal. Newt grumbled, still remembering her threat.