COTM & Quick Write

Finland 

"Wait wait wait, so you are doing a country of the month and it's me first?" Finland spoke to the phone in his hand as Sweden watched from the bed.

"What do I get from this?" Finland paced back and forth from one side of the room to the other, a confused look crossed his face as the person on the phone responded.

"Okay, let me see if I heard you correctly, I get a free boba drink, a bottle of my choice, and a spa day?" Sweden perked up at the boba part of the sentence, he knew that Finland didn't really care for boba, so he hoped that he would get the drink.

"Alright, Alright, is that it?" Finland let out an exasperated sigh and he nodded.

"Okay, goodbye." Sweden stared expectantly as Finland hung up the phone and slid it into his pocket.

"Seems like UN is doing a country of the month, every month for a while. I am the first country to be chosen, he said I get some rewards, but I have to make a presentation about a battle I have had in the past." Sweden nodded, understanding what Finland said, but at the same time, he was a bit confused.

"What battle are you going to?" Sweden waited on asking for the boba as he didn't want to seem like he was only here for the drink.

"I'm thinking the Winter War." Finland removed his knitted hat and ran his fingers through his long white hair.

"Oh... But don't you want to choose a war that you won..?" Sweden seemed surprised by this choice of Finland's, but Finland didn't budge, he shook his head.

"If you want to go into the statistics of the war, I won. Soviet thought I would go down quietly and I didn't. I killed many of his men, more than he thought I would, and to add insult to injury, I had fewer men and casualties than he did." Sweden silently nodded, his interest in this new war that Finland had was growing.

Finland lifted the bottom of his shirt, revealing a long scar along his stomach, stretching horizontally across to his back.

"Oh my god-" Sweden slid off of the bed and onto his feet, he stared at the long indent in Finland's waist.

"This is the outcome of my war with him. That treaty was shit, but it's what I had to do to save myself and my people." Finland stared at the scar with intense hatred, he wanted to jam a knife deep into Soviet's throat and watch as the Union would die slowly.

"But that is simply just past, it has been nearly eighty human years since that war, and that Union has collapsed." Sweden frowned as he would have loved to save Finland, but he didn't.

"Anyways, how about we go and get you that boba tea now? I know you've been waiting for it!" Finland's attitude changed in its entirety, he perked up, a smile spread on his face as he stared at Sweden who got excited.

"Yes! Let's go!" Sweden snatched Finland's hand and pulled him along as he ran toward the town.

"BBBBOOOOOOOBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Sweden screamed as he ran down the school hallways, Finland shushed him from behind as he uncontrollably laughed after Sweden.

"Alright! Sweden! We are going to get you some boba then we are going to get myself a bottle of Jaloviina!" Finland said to Sweden as the smaller country slowed to a walk as they got outside.

"Holy shit it is hot out here..." Finland cursed as soon as he stepped foot outside, it was about a 100°F(38°C) out there and Finland was not used to these heated temperatures.

"Hurry up, let's get to the town..." Finland sighed as he trudged toward the shade of the forest, Sweden followed behind, he was almost as hot as Finland, but he had a higher heat tolerance only by a bit.