Chapter 3: Hatred

Russia

(Before school)

Ugh, Damn it. I tried getting up, but I kept collapsing back onto the bed. After a few minutes of just staring at the ceiling I got up and decided I should get ready for school.

I dressed, showered, ate, and packed for school, making sure I had everything I needed in case of anything.

I rummaged through my closet trying to find a shirt that would match my pants which I had on already.

I looked down at my arms, tracing the bruises along my wrists, scars were scattered along my arms reminding me of my horrid younger days. I threw on a gray shirt and pulled down my sleeves to cover the memories.

I silently snuck over to my stash of alcohol and grabbed a half filled bottle of vodka, I had most likely drank the other half already.

It's 6:30 am, I gotta get to school. I quietly made my way out of the house, careful not to make noise so my siblings wouldn't wake up.

By now, I knew my way to school. After all, I had been going to this school since I was in the sixth grade and it was such a huge waste of time.

I slowly walked down the street, making my way to the wretched school. As I walked, I pulled out a bottle of vodka, removed the cap and started to drink it. Mere minutes later, I spotted the school.

Fuck, if UN finds me drinking, he is going to take my shit. I quickly ducked into the bushes, spilling some of my vodka onto the dirt below. Such a waste.

I snuck through the bushes, they rustled from the light wind and me walking through them.

I peaked out of a bush when I saw a new kid sitting alone on a bench outside of my school. My jaw dropped as I looked down at the time. Who comes to school at six am? Why is this kid so early?

I tried getting closer but my foot got caught on a root causing me to fall forward. Just before my face hit the ground, I caught myself, I quickly got up and looked back at the new kid. He was silently looking around, obviously nervous about all of the noise that I made.

I sat there for the next five minutes drinking and watching him, of course I wasn't stalking him I was just... inspecting his everymove.

You're so quiet. What are you doing? I slowly stood up, and walked out, careful not to trip on any more bushes. I made my way over to the school's 'grand' entrance.

He won't look up. Must be into whatever he is doing. A crowd of students started to form around me, but I didn't take notice in any of them, I was focused on someone else.

Seconds later the kid got up and put his phone in his pocket. I lost him when he joined the crowd.

"Hey, Russia! What are you up to?" A voice spoke from behind me, the voice was spunky and cheerful that as soon as my sister spoke everyone would know it was her. I turned around and didn't see her until I looked down.

"Hello, Ukraine." I reached back to see if I could get another look at the kid, I noticed his stripes standing off next to a pillar, he was alone and didn't seem to want to talk to anybody.

I've never seen a flag like yours. 12- no 13 stripes and around 50 different stars in a little blue box in the corner of your face. your hair is spiky, but not too spiky. Who are you? And why ar-

"Ah yes, that's the new kid, I think his name is America. Or maybe it was just Merica. I mean he is in our first period so we will get to meet him! Aren't you excited!!!!" Ukraine was super upbeat. It was super annoying sometimes.