Chapter 41: I'll Help You

South Korea 

I looked back at the group of despaired countries as the doors to the ambulance closed, Iceland was still unmoving although he had gotten a heart rate and started breathing.

I kept my heated hands on his head, the cool of his body contradicted the heat from mine settling out with a warm center.

"Your help is really appreciated, Korea." I looked up at ICRC, her voice was soothing, the more she spoke, the more relaxed my body became even though my mind still ran circles and fearful thoughts kept surfacing.

"Yeah, it's no problem, he's my friend too..." A spark of fire lit on the back of my hand, I quickly pulled back my hand, blowing out the flame.

I replaced my hand on Iceland's head, his skin had warmed up a bit which was a major relief to me.

"Do you have any Idea what's going on with him?" I watched ICRC as she laid some heating pads on Iceland's body.

"Hypothermia." She paused for a moment. "Severe Hypothermia..." I looked back at the unconscious Icelandic, confused.

"What's the difference?" I heard a small laugh from her as she laid more heating pads on.

"Notice how he is out cold, normal hypothermia usually just ends up with the victim being unhealthily cold, but he is out and almost died...well he did die." I nodded now understanding his situation.

"So, what is your power?" I tried getting my mind off of the topic of Iceland.

She looked up, finally making eye contact with me for the first time in our trip.

"I see you have caughten on." I nodded waiting for a response to my actual question.

"I have the power to calm emotions, pain, sadness, anger, you get the jist." I smiled, putting the pieces together.

"That's why I felt calm... How... How do you have powers?" ICRC stopped in her tracks, her face was towards the Ambulance wall.

"ICRC?" She barely moved, her head tucked down out of my view. Something felt off about her reaction to my question. I took a step closer to Iceland's body, ready to defend him if needed.

"That is confidential information. But what I can say to you is that drinking that drink did nothing besides for urging your power to awaken." As she finished her sentence, the Ambulance came to a halting stop.

I was thrown forward, not aware of the sudden stop the car would have made. I put out my hands, bracing for the impact with the floor which came faster than I could brace.

My hands hit the floor before my head, but that didn't mean I had stopped the impact.

I tensed my neck before slamming my head into the ground, my head began to pound.

"Korea!" As ICRC's voice sounded, some of my pain flowed away like a current underwater, sucking the pain out into the sea.

I opened my eyes, everything was really blurry, but that was to be expected after hitting my head.

"I'm alright, I didn't hit my head too hard..." ICRC let out a sigh of relief as she moved towards me. She grabbed my arm pulling me up onto my feet.

"I am so sorry, I forgot to tell you!" I shrugged my shoulders, letting my eyes close for a moment.

"I swear, I'm okay!" I gently pushed her hand off of my shoulder, looking past her towards Iceland who was shifting around.

"Okay, if you say so, korea." She stood for a moment longer before making her way towards Iceland.