Chapter 21

By the time Rory was processed, printed and photographed, the sun was coming up. Exhausted didn't touch how painfully tired she was, along with gutted, heartbroken and petrified of her future. Eglee escorted her to her cell with a sympathetic smile and an extra pillow.

"Roosevelt said he'll question you tomorrow."

"Yeah, he's at home sleeping in his fucking bed with his wife." As she sat on the cot provided it creaked under her weight. "And I'm here at the goddamn Ritz while pregnant."

"If you need something just shout and ask for me." It was an attempt to make Rory feel better but nothing would, in or out of jail, and Eglee could see that. "Are you hungry or anything?"

"No thanks." Rory rolled her eyes trying to play her usual role but she was breaking inside. "I can call my lawyer later this morning, right?"

"I'll call and leave a message for you." Eglee offered but rather than comforting Rory she simply made her more suspicious.

As Eglee slowly closed the cell door Rory looked her up and down. "Why are you being nice to me?"

"You're pregnant," she shrugged. "And I'm not exactly full of hate for the MC like everyone else in the building."

"Thanks," Rory lightened up a little. "Really, I appreciate it."

As soon as Eglee's feet and jingling keys became inaudible Rory broke down and began to cry.

--

Happy didn't sleep that night. After the initial shock wore off he left Lowen a voicemail and scooped up Emma to settle her in her own bed. After a joint and some hard liquor Happy sneaked back in and stretched out on the floor beside her bed for the night. As much as he hated what she had tried to do by taking Emma, Rory was the only woman he ever cared about and loved, and he felt her pain and his own so deeply. Knowing what she was feeling in the cell, cold and alone, undoubtedly terrified although she wouldn't admit it, was hard enough without adding the devastation of a now broken marriage.

The next day he dropped Emma off at daycare, giving her weak lies as to why Rory wasn't there that morning, and raced off toward the clubhouse. It was so early that he sat at the bar, with an open bottle of whiskey, waiting for someone to come advise him.

"Starting your day off early," Tig joked. He was hardly in the door before he started rattling insults at Happy. "What did you piss her off again?"

Sweeping the fact that he'd come clean from his mind, Happy shook his head. "Roosevelt picked her up last night, arrested her for assault or some shit."

"Jesus," Tig sighed heavily. "Hap, brother, I'm sorry. Call Lowen?"

"I did," he nodded and took a swig. "Just waiting to hear back."

"Parker needs to be handled." It was obvious but Tig said it aloud anyway. "We'll get her out."

"Half my fucking problems," he grumbled. "I wanna meet with Darby myself, find out who this asshole is that had them running around and talk to him. Today."

With a mischievous grin Tig nodded. "Well, let's go visit White Hate and get your girl home."

--

As nauseous as she was, Rory ate the pathetic breakfast they served her because she knew she had to, there would be no snacking later in the day. Not long after nine she was escorted into an interrogation room and left, by herself, for almost an hour.

It hadn't even been a day and she was tired of the game. The fact she was so awfully miserable was apparent as Roosevelt finally entered the room.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Lowman." He spoke with sincerity but she sneered at him as he offered her his hand. "I guess I can't blame you."

"I didn't assault anyone." She said coldly.

Seeing she was getting to the point and unwilling to play, Eli moved forward. "So you don't recognize this man?" It took a moment for him to find the DMV photo but when he did, Roosevelt slipped it across to her, and Rory instantly remembered him.

"No. Should I?"

"Well," Roosevelt took the photo back. "He saw your friend Parker on the news and came in to report an incident between the three of you."

Rory looked at the table for a moment and slowly nodded. "Oh, the douche that almost killed us because he was speeding? Yeah, now I remember him. That shit was months ago."

"He never named you but your photo was used to identify you. I always suspected it was more than a friendship."

"Excuse me?" She sat forward. "What do you mean?"

"I know, for a fact," he added with a little smirk. "That you and Parker worked this area. I've heard from more than one unhappy housewife that you personally helped her get proof to get away from the cheating husband."

Rory slumped down and nodded but she was far from upset over her PI work, that wasn't illegal, it was the emphasis on cheating husbands that cut her.

"Shitty guys are shitty. I was just trying to help them out. Girl power and all, feminism, whatever the fuck you wanna call it."

"Taking pictures for money, that's what I'll call it."

"So what?" Her fingers rolled the hem of the shirt slowly. "How does that make you suspect me and Parker were anything more than friends?"

"People have allegiances to the club," he explained. "They won't say one word other than how much they love the members." Roosevelt sat forward and folded his hands on the table. "But some folks outside of Charming have placed you and Parker together on an almost daily basis. Those people don't know who you are and don't care to keep their mouths shut."

"Is that needle dick pressing charges?" Changing the topic quickly her cuffs jingled as she pointed toward the file under his hands. "I didn't even hit him, just got in his face, he can't drive for shit."

With a hearty laugh, Roosevelt nodded and the mood in the room lightened a bit. "When he told me it was traffic related I pulled his driving record, the man can't drive, or he's just in too big of a hurry to pay attention."

"Yeah, well," Rory shrugged. "Doesn't help me any here. Locked up, six months pregnant with twins, so fuck him."

Roosevelt frowned and nodded. "I'm sorry about the situation, I am, but the DA is looking to charge Parker and you and," he cleared his throat. "Anyone he can get through your associations."

"We don't have associations." Rory stammered. She hadn't thought about that, the people she'd worked for, and it chilled her. She was now the same loose end and liability Parker was and that was dangerous. SAMCRO wasn't going to kill her, as long as she didn't rat them out, but the others just might. "I need you guys, when I go to county, to put me in PC."

"Why?" There was genuine concern but Roosevelt was also highly interested in who would want to hurt her. "Anything you tell me stays here. We can protect you, Aurora."

"Let me talk to my lawyer." She sighed and pressed her hands to her belly. "I'm not a rat," she said suddenly defensive. "But I won't have my babies born in jail and raised without me."

--

Votes and comments please! Thanks for reading! Oh and I started a Twitter account, @PBBWriter, so follow me! I thought it would be fun to have that communication about stories and/or TV and such! Xoxo