Chapter 17

Even though he'd promised he'd be quick, Happy wasn't and, really, she didn't expect him to be. He took his time and enjoyed every second in that apartment with Rory and he made sure she enjoyed it as well. Her vocals proved she did and her eagerness to climb on top of his after she'd finished, but he had not, was more proof of the fact. She giggled, riding him with her ankles locked around his legs, until someone burst into the room. Happy didn't look, he didn't care, but Rory did, her growing stomach was a blow to her confidence. She stopped, pulled the blankets up, and glared at Jenna as she stood in the doorway feigning shock.

"Oh, shit," she said with a grin, "I'm sorry."

Finally, after about a minute that felt much longer, Happy leaned up on his elbows and narrowed his eyes as he looked at Jenna. "Get the fuck out."

"This is unreal," Rory's jaw was open. "Don't just fucking stand there, bitch, get out!"

Rory watched the look between them closely before Jenna slowly stepped out with a smile. Something didn't feel right so she climbed off him abruptly and ran into the bathroom without a word.

"Goddamn it," Happy grumbled, pissed he'd have to finish himself and then deal with a hormonal Rory.

Wrapped in the sheet, Rory leaned on the edge of the sink and tried to quell the suspicions that bubbled up again. She enjoyed not having felt them for a while but now there was no way she could ignore it. As she expected, Happy took care of himself before knocking on the door. When he tried to turn the handle, he found it locked.

"Ror," he said authoritatively. "Let me in."

"It's fine," she lied, "I just hate those fucking Cara Cara girls."

Closing his eyes, Happy smacked his head lightly against the door. "Yeah, me too."

"Why did she stare at us like that?"

It wasn't a conversation he wanted to have at all and especially not through a locked door but Happy had no choice. He had to talk her down right then. "She probably didn't realize real tits bounce like that."

"Yeah, no, I don't think it was that."

"Hap," Opie called through the door awkwardly. He had no question as to what they were doing and he dreaded hearing some strange noises from Happy. "We're at the table, brother, you should uhh, finish up."

"Yeah," Happy grumbled back. "I'll be right there." The retreating boot stomps from Opie slowly disappeared as Happy threw his clothes on. "Rory, I gotta go, I gotta figure this Parker shit out."

Angry and suspicious or not, Rory knew she needed to give him what he wanted, strictly out of gratitude, before he went off to save her again. She opened the door and forced a smile. "I'm sorry. I'll make that shitty end up to you tonight, okay?"

"It's not your fault. I won't be long, wait for me." He said with sincerity before turning and leaving her with nothing but those words.

-

After taking some time to get her head right, Rory dressed and made her way back into the main room of the clubhouse. Jenna was still there, for no apparent reason, and it made Rory's blood boil in her veins. Dropping her purse on the table Rory walked with confidence and purpose over to where Jenna sat with a few hang arounds.

"I can't keep you out of here but steer clear of my man. Don't talk to him, don't even fucking look him or I'll put a bullet in your pretty little botoxed forehead and bury you and your gaping pussy where no one will find you."

Even her pregnant belly couldn't lighten anything about the situation. Jenna looked at Rory with wide, terrified eyes. "Jesus, you're fucking crazy."

"No, sweetie. I was just fucking crazy until you interrupted, now I'm just pissed, hormonal and perfectly sane. Stay away from Happy."

The chapel doors opened and slowly the guys poured into the bar. No one noticed the confrontation except Happy and Tig, who both went for Rory. Tig stopped himself knowing it was Happy's role and went to stand by as backup. He found over the years that the women were more unpredictable, although less volatile, than the men.

"Alright little girl." Happy spoke soothingly, both shocking and lighting a jealous rage in Jenna, as he picked Rory up to move her a safe distance away. Instead of shining a light and showing Jenna the truth of how he was with Rory and how much he cared, the sweet tone only made her want him more. She swore she could earn that tone, that love, if she just tried hard enough.

"I didn't do shit and that cow was in my face." Jenna sneered, speaking low enough that Rory didn't hear, and stood to walk after them.

Tig grabbed her arm and kept her from following them back out onto the lot. "No. You let this shit die, Hap talked to you, it's done," Tig said in a low whisper.

Jenna pursed her lips and yanked her arm free. "I'm just leaving, I won't go after her."

Not buying it, Tig escorted her to her car, right past Rory and Happy as they bickered beside the boxing ring. Rory knew she was wrong for starting anything but she also just wanted Happy to be proud of her for owning her role in his life and in the club family. His anger over her reaction only made Rory that much more suspicious of him.

"Fine," she said quietly. "I shouldn't have threatened her."

"You're just going to stir shit up. When there's a reason, it's fine, and I love seeing you like that but you can't do that shit, baby, especially not now." His hand brushed against her stomach and Rory suddenly realized how dangerous that move was.

"Shit, I didn't even think of that. I was just so mad," she buried her face in her hands, "I'm sorry."

Happy felt like shit for playing it up but it was buying him some leeway, he cold feel her suspicions. "It's okay; you just gotta remember our son is in there, he's not as tough as his mama yet, alright?"

"Yeah, of course." Feeling suddenly grateful for his interruption she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply as Jenna watched while slowly rolling out of the lot.