Chapter 4

When Happy arrived home he found Emma and Rory curled up together on the couch sleeping peacefully. After the night they had both girls were exhausted and needed the after lunch nap. He walked in and stopped, not expecting to see them, and felt his heart sink a little. Happy was mad at himself, mad that he couldn't simply bang around with any girl he wanted anymore without guilt and regret. It took him a while but he finally ended up flipping the sweet butt over to stop the visions of Rory's face and simply finish.

He didn't want to see them, either of them, and purposely chose this time to go home thinking they'd be gone. Sneaking up the stairs Happy jumped in the shower and tried to hide out for as long as he could.

"Hap?" When Rory opened the bathroom door, a large kitchen knife in hand, she was finally able to breathe again seeing his rings lined up on the sink. "You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry." He didn't poke his head out of the shower like usual. "I didn't want to wake ya up."

"Where were you last night? Were you alone?"

Happy was grateful for the curtain at that moment. "Jury's and yeah baby, I was alone."

"Emma had another nightmare. She was hysterically screaming for you. I needed you, Hap."

"I'm sorry. I was fucking beat." He finally looked at her for a second. "Really, I'm sorry."

"Never again, Hap. I fucking mean it." Nodding, he shut the curtain, already feeling bad enough, and agreed. "You know, she's in her room." Rory said with a smile as she peeked behind the curtain. She was making an effort, trying to be sweet and sexy again in hopes of reviving what they once had, but Happy wasn't budging. "Still asleep. You can make it up to me."

"I'm exhausted." He grumbled. "Long trip and I took a fucking boot to the nuts, goddamn Tig."

Already undressed, Rory stopped and pouted. "Oh. Okay."

"Sorry, little girl."

"No, it's fine. Not like I can get pregnant anyway so what's the point?"

Happy opened the curtain to see Rory, bent over, gathering her clothes. "Damn, babe," he slapped her bare ass. "I think I'm feeling up to it now." He wasn't but he hated to hear her so upset. Still, years later, Happy was shocked by the man he'd become emotionally.

"Really?" She asked excitedly, dropping her clothes again, and turning toward him. "I was starting to think you don't find me attractive anymore."

He pulled her into the shower and kissed her. A little hiss left her lips as he pressed her against the cool shower tiles. "I do." He grunted, his lips and hands moving all over her body.

Hours later, after a sweet Father Daughter reunion, Happy met up with Parker and his niece. It wasn't supposed to be a joint trip but Rory mentioned it and Emma was insistent on visiting with her friend. The men took spots on a bench and watched the them closely.

"How was the run?" Parker asked quietly ignoring Happy's obvious displeasure with the idea.

He shrugged. "Fine. It was fucking work."

"Too bad your coworkers aren't as pretty as mine, huh?"

"What did you say?" Happy was suddenly on his feet glaring at Parker.

"Whoa now," Parker's hands went up defensively. "I'm just saying, Rory is cute, cuter than Bobby Elvis and all them."

"Don't look at my wife like that."

"Noted." Parker said as the girls raced by them. "It's nice to hear you're still so into her. This far into my second marriage I was already filing for divorce. I wanted to fuck around so bad, women love a man with a gun and a wedding band, but I had to leave her first."

His eyebrows furrowed together as Parker spoke. "Yeah, good for you."

"You get it," Parker waved at Emma and Ashley as they played. "Shit man, you got the ring, a gun, the leather and a Harley; you're probably drowning in pussy."

"Just Rory's." He sneered put off by he earlier comment and Parker's insinuation. Many people thought Happy was the muscle man, the mindless killer but he was intelligent and had a natural gift for reading people. Parker was digging but the anger bubbling up distracted Happy.

"That's great, man. You should give some of those chicks hounding you my card. I'll take care of them since you're all uhh, tied up." Wriggling his eyebrows as he said it Parker laughed heartily.

"You got some hard on for my dick? Looking for SAMCRO sloppy seconds?" Happy asked bluntly.

"No!" Parker laughed again. "Not at all. I'm just saying if you're not into them send em' my way. I'm sure Ror is all over you, she was a mess last night. She seemed really needy." More insinuation.

"Emma!" Happy was on his feet quickly and the girl pouted as she dragged her feet back to him. "We're going home baby, let's get Mom and I'll take MY girls out for dinner."

Excited, Emma reached up and Happy gladly swung her into his arms.

"I didn't mean anything, Hap." Parker back peddled. "I was kidding, I'm sorry."

Staring Parker directly in the eyes, Happy simply nodded with a cold expression. "I know, you're always joking."