Chapter 16

Again, I apologize for the wait, I was sick for a few days!! Enjoy! Let me know what you're thinking. xoxo

Rory laid back, her fingers curled around her shirt as it bunched under her breasts, and completely ignored the ultrasound technician's attempts at conversation. Her brain was focused on Parker, on what she could do about him and how Happy would react to hear of the investigation. It was comforting to know he hadn't snitched, Rory knew if he had she wouldn't be there at the anatomy scan she'd be in a jail cell.

"I see one little boy," the tech said with a smile. "But baby number two is being shy."

"A boy?" Rory said with a small smile on her lips, at least that pulled her from her dark swirling thoughts. "My husband will be thrilled. We have a three year old little girl already."

"I am sure one is a boy, I'll try to get the other one to move a bit but nothing seems to be working."

Rory smiled and nodded. "If you saw everything you need one surprise is fine. I need to get moving actually so if it's just gender, it can wait."

"Of course, all the measurements look good. I'll send the report to your OB."

"Thanks." Rory said as she began wiping her stomach and then sat up.

With a sticky residue of the ultrasound gel still lingering on her skin, Rory sped across town toward the clubhouse. She didn't know if Happy would be there but she was in such a frenzy the only place she could imagine going was the lot. Skidding in and parking she raced as fast as she could, considering her size, and immediately began her search for Happy.

"Hey, hey, you okay?" Tig flicked his cigarette across the lot and grabbed Rory by the shoulders. "What's going on?"

"Is Hap here?" She asked, her voice weak, while still scanning the area.

"No, he's meeting with the Niners with Clay and Jax. What's going on?"

Sputtering out a sob, Rory threw her arms around Tig and began to cry. "I think I'm going to jail."

"What?" He tried to push her back to get the full story but she was latched too tight. "Rory, you gotta calm down. You're not in jail, you're right here, and we're going to keep you here."

It still took a few minutes for her to settle while Tig awkwardly consoled her. When she stepped back, cheeks wet with salty tears, she laughed embarrassedly. "I'm sorry."

"You're fine. Now," he turned to walk up toward the clubhouse, "Tell me what the fuck is going on with you."

"Parker was picked up in Vegas," she started, "Apparently he was pulling some shitty scams there for cash. San Joaquin had him sent back here and this morning Roosevelt was at my front door. MY house, Tig, he was at my house. He said they're investigating him and I said I didn't know anything. Roosevelt thought it was strange I wasn't concerned, I said he could handle himself and then he made some comments about my ability to handle myself."

As vague as it was, Tig knew it didn't sound good. "Alright, let me call Hap, we'll get him back here and figure this out."

"Tig," Rory grabbed his hand as he reached for his phone. "I can't go to jail, I won't."

The desperation he saw in her was chilling. "You're not going anywhere."

"We've killed people." She whispered. "Please, you guys have to help me."

Tig called Happy, just as he said he would, but the three Sons made a stop at Luanne's studio. When Happy answered, Tig could hear the female voices chattering in the background. "You are not there right now."

"Picking up cash," he grunted annoyed Tig would say anything. "What's up?" As he spoke, Happy's eyes roamed around the room, he was, after all, a man surrounded by nearly nude females.

"Your wife is having a fucking meltdown. Parker was arrested in Nevada but he's been turned over to SanWa. Roosevelt showed up at your place to rattle Rory's cage. We're all in danger but I think they already know she's not the innocent mom she's been playing." Tig would never admit it to her but Roosevelt's words were too pointed.

Happy was already racing out of Cara Cara before Tig even explained the entire situation. Without a word, he jumped on his bike and roared out of the parking lot. Even Tig was impressed by his speed when he arrived fifteen or so minutes later.

"Where is she?" He asked hurriedly as he and Tig met under the awning by the boxing ring.

"Apartment."

"Thanks, brother."

"Little girl," Happy didn't knock before storming in to find Rory crying quietly.

"I'm sorry," she said laughing at herself through the tears. "It's the hormones, I know it is."

"We'll fix it." Roughly he brushed her hair from her face and like Tig, Happy was unsettled by her overly emotional response. "I'll die before you get locked up."

"How? How can we fix this?" Her bloodshot eyes stared at him for guidance and comfort. "You know he'll be in PC, no one can get to him and besides, he's not ratting, he just piqued their interest."

"I don't know yet, I'll talk to Clay and Jax, we'll figure something out but Ror, you need to calm the fuck down. This ain't like you."

She nodded, scared by her own reaction, and dropped her head on his shoulder. "I know. I'm sorry."

"Babies okay?" He asked trying to distance them from the Parker topic.

"Yeah, totally healthy, she could only see what one was though. Apparently the second one is shy." He waited for the news, staring at her with eerie eyes, until she broke. "We're having at least one boy, Hap."

With a throaty laugh and unusually bright smile, Happy kissed her. "Thank you for giving me a boy."

"Actually," Rory was about to explain how sex depends on the man but abandoned it quickly. "You're welcome."

He kissed her again, with more need than before, and moved further onto the bed. "I want you," he grumbled into her mouth. "Now."

"You have to talk to the club." She protested but her conviction was weak as he worked his lips down her neck. "Okay, just be quick," Rory giggled. "Then it's back to business."

Nodding as he tugged his shirt off, Happy grinned and licked his lips. "Yes, ma'am."