15- Epilogue

-Audrey's POV-

The next day, on my way to deliver some laundry soup to my mom, I noticed nurses standing around her room.

She had closed her eyes for the last and final time.

My first reaction was sadness, but I decided to be happy. She had lived her life fully, and made a great story of it.

I thought I would continue on the story for myself, for my own adventures through life.

When I was younger, I promised her that I would carry on the story. She would tell me more and more extra parts, before I would go to sleep.

Ms. Barnett, the happy-go-lucky manager of the bakery, retired after a while. No, it didn't burn down. That was the dream. The bakery went on to thrive and continue serving many people fresh pastrys and bread.

Niall found his passion working there, and became owner and manager, inheriting the building and business from Ms. Barnett.

Emily decided to go back to college, but was stopped shorty after finding out she was expecting a bouncy baby girl- me!

Emily's dad (my grandpa) had cleaned himself up and found a decent job as a lawyer!

I enjoyed my childhood because I could watch Emily and Niall's relationship grow stronger everyday, and become inseperatable. I was joined by my sister Amber, and little brother Alex.

At age 11, I found out that Niall had gotten cancer.

3 years later, the disease won over him.

I had a rough teenager year, I had lost my best friend and father.

But that's another story.

In fact, I should get to writing mine.

My mother Emily's story had made me a stronger person, and I am proud of the chances she took to make everyone happy.

I love you, Mom.

Now the bakery belongs to me, and I am still thinking of what to do with it. The business faded out, and it became more of a historical monument.

So whenever you bake bread, don't think of it of some quick activity.

Because to me it meant the world. Even a loaf of bread brought 2 people together.

There's a little notebook over there, beside my dresser.

Maybe I should write in that...