4- Turning Around

I sat up and rubbed my tear crusted eyes. It was 4:00 PM. I stretched a bit and stepped of my bed. "Dad!" I yelled. His footsteps came pounding up the stairs. "What, Emily?" He griped.

"I need to go to work today."

He sat down on my bed, sighing. "I'm sorry," he said. He folded his hands and looked at me.

"Dad it's-"

"No, I really am. I'm sorry for being different, for being what I am now. I trust that boy, I trust you, you can take care of yourself." He tilted his head.

"I feel like I spent the rest of your childhood in my own world, after mom died." I saw tears well up in his eyes. "I want to pay you back."

I shook my head.

"But why? You could've done more! You're just ignorant! You don't even care about me!" I walked to the other side of my room.

"Emily I really do."

I started crying. "You could've been there for me. The whole time, Dad!" I swallowed the lump in my throat.

He threw up his hands. "And I know that! But I want to be here now."

I bit my lip. "Okay, you're right.I'm sorry."

The room lightened as the sun came around. I saw him hold out his arms. "Come here, Ems," he said.

I ran towards him, now in a deep sob. "I love you," he said, putting his hand on my head. "And I want to be there when you grow up." I nodded then laughed. "Dad- I gotta go! Work!"

He chuckled. "Alright, I'll let you go." And he threw me my phone. "I think you need this."

I caught the phone and nodded. "Thanks."

"Bye, Emily."

-------------------

Oh man, it's Sunday!School tomorrow! D: boooooo.

OHMIGOSH so many reads! Over 300 just tonight!

Keep commenting, you know how much I love those thangs.

Bye guys! Happy fanficing!

-Emily xx (JK my names not Emily, but whatever haha) <3