7- That Look

The night sky was fully at rest outside. I stroked Emily's hand. I figured she'd be alright. Probably have crutches and a bandage or two, but all in all, it totally could've been worse. I called Greg.

"Hey, Greg!"

"I heard about Emily! Gosh, how's she doing?"

I tried to hush my voice down to a whisper.

"Well, she's better than I thought."

"Oh, that's good," he sighed.

"Just wanted to tell you, man. I might not be at work tomorrow so if you want to call Ms.Barnett, I can give you her number."

I gave Greg the number and said goodbye.

Emily was still sleeping, her lips parting with every small gasp of air. Her messy blonde hair was like a handful of shiny straw thrown at the pillow. She had a smooth complexion, even with bruises and scratches marking her cheekbones.

I rested on the uncomfortable chair.

-Flasback-

I ran into the bakery. A furious anger burned through my heart. I pushed through the door way and wiped away my tears.

"Emily!" I yelled. She looked up from her books and smiled, then saw me and frowned. "Niall?!"

I ran towards her, and grabbed her hand. "Please!"

She looked confused, and sad. "I don't understand," she cried. Her golden hair swept over her eyes. I weeped. I knew I had looked like a mess, a usual strong boy crying like a baby. I heard my dad yell from outside.

"Remember," I called after her, getting pulled out.

The face, that's the last I saw.

She looked stoned.

Her eyes were squinted and filling with worry and tears. She was biting her lip, and tapping her pencil nervously.

-End of flashback-

I saw that worried look in her face now, and wanted to change it.

----------------------

Guys?! THE BAKERY IS IN THE TOP 150?! HOLY CRAP!!

You have no idea how much I love you people.

The next chapter will be dedicated to person who writes the best comment! :)

-Laina <3 xx